“WOW. This is FANTASTIC!”

WoodSpring Suites Evansville
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I've always stayed at value place on certain types of sales calls in different cities because they truly are generally a great value, but this location blows me away. Best I've ever seen. A+

There's a new manager. He's incredibly helpful, friendly and professional. My neighbor one room over and I agree, he's the difference. BIG PAT ON HIS BACK. Best value place stay I've ever had so far.

I've stayed here before and it was just ok then, but I am just blown away by the cleanliness of this place right now. Cleaner than a lot of "luxury" hotels... staff is very hospitable... new manager is truly a professional hotel manager with a plan for success. I just can't believe I'm at a value place right now; its cleaner and more hospitable than a Hampton I recently stayed in.

If you're staying anywhere else in Evansville, IN you're getting ripped off. Can't beat these rates, these employees, or this level of cleanliness anywhere, GUARANTEED. I stay in enough hotels to know this.

WOW. Nice choice in new manager Value Place! You must be paying him well. Lol. Amazing differences here from September til now. You're going to be busy as people start to notice this place.

BRAVO!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RoadRunnerPro

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place was definitely a mixed blessing.

The pluses: Comfortable, well price rooms for the cost. The apartment style set up is a welcome change of pace and make it more like home.

The minuses : the instant you have any complaint, the staff's welcoming attitude changes dramatically. And they are not above lying to your face. The internet went out- i got four different stories, including that the whole area had lost service. Oddly enough, I was able to get signals on every other place in the area right from Valu Inns front door.. I had to call corporate to finally get them to admit their internet was out for at least 24 hours after trying 12 times over 6 hours to call the front desk as no one was every at it. Did i mention the elevator did not work? No did i ever catch the employees doing much other than leaning against the wall on the second floor, trying to chat up long term residents.

A well ran Value in, such as Dublin Ohio's is a wonderful place to stay on a budget but I told my company to never again send me to the Evansville one nor would I allow any of my service reps to stay there.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs if possible, but if you have to stay, a room on the south end seems to be the way...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark M
evv47715, Owner at WoodSpring Suites Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Mark,
I'm sorry you had a bad experience at the Value Place in Evansville. We did have a lightning strike while you were there that shut down the internet and elevator. That is still no excuse for the way you were treated. I am personally working to get this addressed so this never happens again as that is not how we treat our customers. Please consider us again in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at the Value Place during a recent visit to Evansville, Indiana. The hotel is very clean and secure. It is conveniently located off the interstate and near area restaurants and shopping. In addition, the hotel is close to public transportation. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Roz M
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I am a Travel Nurse and I am currently housed at the Value Place, in Evansville, IN. This is my first experience with Value Place and I am impressed. I have made special requests of management, and I have received excellant "care". I would usually use the term "service", but I have been treated as if I were at home. Kay, the manager, has given new meaning to the term "hospitality". My experience here in Evansville, IN, has led me to already choose my next Value Place stay, in Sharonville, OH. The enire staff has been professional, friendly, and helpful. I have been met with a smile and a sincere acknowledgement with each staff encounter. They take security seriously, and as a single woman, I appreciate that. I have found my new "Home Away From Home!".

Room Tip: The non smoking rooms are very clean and smell fresh!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Miss W
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I would highly recommend anyone looking for a studio, efficiency style space to stay at Value Place in Evansville, Indiana. Whether you are traveling from town to town for your employment, in town visiting family, attending entertainment events, or just need to get out of your home for a week of remodeling or repairs, Value Place is like being "home." The staff is very friendly and welcoming, and if you need any information about the area, they are very knowledgeable of the surroundings. The building and parking area is kept very clean and is well lit and secure. You don't have to worry about safety, as all entrances require an entry key to access the building and at all times, there is a safety attendant that lives on site. Although the area is situated off a main highway, it is very peaceful, especially on the east side, or back of the building, which overlooks a beautiful lake that is frequented by Canadian geese and the occassional blue heron. It has a full kitchen with full size fridge, stove top, microwave, and cabinets for storage. The laundry area is located on the first floor and is kept extremely clean. Another bonus is if you are without a vehicle, the bus line runs within walking distance of the business. Retail stores such as Walmart and grocery stores and restarants are all within a 10 minute drive. I moved from out of town and spent over a year here and I was very pleased with my stay. I would highly recommend Value Place to anyone coming into town looking for a home like environment. The best thing about Value Place is that they can be found all over the United States. Whenever I travel and need a place to stay, I will be calling Value Place my home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Kenya H
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I must say I was very impressed with my stay. Rooms are Very Clean. Laundry on site is great and never crowded. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful.
Great value, Great place. Should be renamed Great Value Place! I will stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank TheChadDoyle
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The staff couldn't be better and more helpful! Its affordable! The bill is set in stone, no need to worry about utilites. They offers several amenities that other hotels do not! It is less than 5 minutes from many major retailers. The full size fridge and stove top allows for savings on food.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo