“Great service”

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great service”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The rooms were nice clean and everyone there had a smile.The work out area was big enough to get a good sweat, and the breakfast was very good order. I would recommend this hotel to any one looking to stay in area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Madisonville, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed just prior to Christmas...very warm reception at the desk and check-in was very fast. Breakfast was delicious and the room was to typical high HGI standards. I will stay here again at the next family gathering.

St. Louis, MO
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

They can take a reservation, but they don't seem to know how to honor one. I arrived at HGI after driving 3.5 hours and was told that I had been bumped to another property across town. They comped the room at the other property, but I was on a business trip so this did nothing to make up for my personal inconvenience. They already had a form prepared informing me of this change when I arrived, so clearly they knew this would be an issue prior to my arrival. Because they did not have the courtesy to notify me of this change in advance of my arrival to the hotel, I wasted an hour of my time in roundtrip travel -- I drove past the property they bumped me to 30 minutes prior to arriving at their property, and got to spend another 30 minutes driving back the way I came. Given that I had already driven a long way, this was not a small annoyance.

I have stayed at this property 10-12 times in the past year, and have noticed the booking and billing service steadily decreasing as their business has increased. My admins have been told by HGI staff that they do not have any availability for requested dates, even when they do, because they are trying to hold out for 2-night minimum bookings. I have started having to tell front desk staff at both check in and check out that I have a corporate rate because I have been mistakenly charged the full rate several times when I only confirmed this detail at check in. As a result of these cumulative issues and this latest, poorly handled incident, I will be staying at a Marriott property for the 15-25 nights I will be in Evansville in 2014.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank kmrmpl
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is a great Hilton Garden Inn. I have stayed there twice and both times the room has been very clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is good and the bar is a great bonus. I have stayed at other near by hotels and this one is the best.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Shelbyville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Totally pleased with our 1 night stay on 12-28-13. We were in town for a wedding and arrived an hour earlier than check-in and we were welcomed by a very nice front desk clerk, which I think his name was Ricky. I thanked him for the early check in and he told me that usually week-ends are no problem as they get a lot of business travelers during the week.
When I asked about the pool and hot tub times, he said that they would be glad to open the pool area earlier in the morning if I needed. Just really great customer service and a genuine warmth from the employees.
The room was very clean and everything worked as it should. There was a Keurig coffee maker with several coffee pods and even a tea. A microwave and a small refrigerator in a mini bar cabinet.
It took us a few minutes to figure out the adjustable beds, but after a very nice housekeeping employee told us where the dial was and how to use it, we were able to adjust the level of support. Beds were comfortable and the pillows were comfortable also. We had a nice selection of foam and feather pillows and I love a nice feather pillow!
For those that smoke, the hotel is smoke free, but they do have an area off of the lobby, just outside with tables and chairs to accomodate the smokers. It just seems like they have thought of everything to make you feel comfortable and at ease while visiting.
I don't think you can go wrong staying here. We would stay again in a heart beat.

St Peters, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Year over year this hotel continues to provide a great service and a wonderful experience for my immediate and extended family. The customer service and friendly atmosphere along with the amenities make this a great place to stay.

Phoenix
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Not much in Evansville. These folks try very hard every day and they seem to pull it off. Rooms are clean and spacious. Did not eat dinner as we were with family living in the area. What we saw looked very good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple