“very comfortable stay, great staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Evansville
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed August 20, 2013

friendly helpful staff, clean surrounding, near major highway -just wish it was closer to the downtown cultural center. What you would expect from this chain............................................................

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were brought to Evansville for a Family Wedding. The bride's wedding planner selected the hotel for out of town guests and we could not have been more pleased with our experience. Gym well equipped, location near the lake with walking trails was lovely. Restaurant staff were friendly, welcoming and breakfast was great. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean and the staff were courteous. I was surprised that the hotel charged for their breakfast after we paid premium rates for the accommodations. We won't use this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a nice motel. Very new and upscale. We have stayed there twice. It's a long way from downtown however. Plan on a $20 cab ride one way unless you are driving yourself. Also, I wrongly assumed that the breakfast was free. Not so. The meal prices are ok, just not what I expected.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We stay here often to visit my daughter and granddaughter. They are under new mgmt. after about 7mos. I must say the moral of the employees the new and old is back to normal or even better! We needed a roll away bed and Robin brought it up to us was very friendly and went out of her way to make us happy!! Anna was wonderful she is new but knew how to answer every question I had. We needed directions..she was so sweet and helpful. I was glad to see Jamie again at the front desk..Jamie is just awesome!! I enjoy talking with her when they are not busy and she knows everything about the Hilton and Hilton Honors!! Love her!! We get up early to enjoy breakfast every morning and Jeremy is there is there to fix made to order If you choose..he's always peppy and says hello and even brought my breakfast to me and decorated my French toast with strawberry s. give me that extra touch wich showed he cared! It's to see someone who enjoys their job so much! To top it off my daughter is the new food and beverage supervisor and we couldn't be more proud of her!! Next time your there day hello to Kelli. The great thing a lot of the employees didnt know we were her family..wich makes me know the things they did were because that's just who they are!! I would be honest and say if this wasn't a great place..just because I have family there doesn't mean I'm giving this place a great review. They truly are a wonderful clean place to stay!! And everyone's so friendly!! Check it out for yourself..Im sure you'll see it's a home away from home!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had four of my friends stay here the night before we traveled to Holiday World. The lobby was very nice, and there was coffee and tea near the front desk. The front desk itself had a very pretty glass container filled with delicious fresh-made granola cakes. The room was very spacious and the bathroom had some nice Neutrogena products. The beds felt comfortable, and my friends told me that they were quite nice to sleep in. I can't say much for the blackout curtains--apparently after a long night at the casino, my friends forgot to clsoe the curtains and were wakened by a very intense sun! Their room faced the lake, and it was lovely. Free wifi worked well, and the check-in and check-out process was easygoing thanks to the very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake--you'll love the view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We travelled to Evansville to attend a family wedding and found the service good with friendly staff who were helpful and accommodating. The room was large and comfortable and the location was beside a small lake that appeared to be man made. There was a walking path around the lake and it made for a nice little 15 minute walk. Didn't use the pool or spa so no comment on them. There were three restaurants close by and all had fairly good food. Would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple