“They understand service”

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Phoenix, Arizona
“They understand service”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have been to many hotels over the years and this one has got to be one of the friendliest I have encountered in a long time. Every person we came in contact with seemed to enjoy working there. They all smiled and spoke to us and seemed very sincere. I was also very impressed how diverse the staff was, including at least 2 ladies that were hearing impaired but did a wonderful job.

Noah at the front desk, Nicole and Jaime in the restaurant, Becky, Maria and Gordon in housekeeping, and Tommy the manager all made us feel at home and took great care of us.

The hotel looks like it is brand new, but they said it is about 4 years old. Great beds, big flat-screen tv's, big workout room, and beautiful pool area. They were all spotlessly clean, too. There is obviously a lot of pride in the staff. Congrats to them...keep it up!

Room Tip: Peaceful view of a small lake on the back of the building.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MusicMan365
uofl91, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Evansville, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
MusicMan365,

We humbly thank you for your glowing remarks. The entire team works hard to provide a World Class Experience to our guests, and we thank you for your recognition. Rest assured this review has been shared with the entire team and the staff you mentioned have been recognized for their hard work. Thank you, again and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Evansville.

Tommy Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Close to everything; friendly staff. Make sure to book a room away from the A/C unit just outside the second floor rooms close to the entrance. Had a room there and listened to the roar of the unit all night. The front desk staff was nice enough to move me to another room further down the hall for the remainder of my stay. Rooms were very clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank north1715
uofl91, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Evansville, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear north1715,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and tahnk you for your compliments. Our goal is to be the "Cleanest and Friendliest hotel in Evansville," and feedback like yours lets the team know that their hard work is appreciated. I apologize for the noise you experienced outside your window...we found that we had a fan motor that needed some attention and hopefully have corrected that for future guests. I am glad we were able to get you taken care of, though.

Thank you, again, and we hope to see you in Evansville soon.

Best wishes,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I enjoyed this hotel.... however there have been a few trips to Evansville where I wasn't able to get this hotel and I chose the take a late flight instead of trying other options in town. The hotel books up quite quickly with business travelers like myself.

The location is decent and it's easy to find. There is ample parking and a nice open lobby.

To my surprise, I was upgraded to a nice room that had separate living room and a bedroom. The room was clean and spacious.

The best part of the hotel was the excellent service I received for breakfast. Usually the hotel servers see the HHonors breakfast coupon and only give you average service, but these ladies were very attentive, polite and my food was good as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ring0rosie
uofl91, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Evansville, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Ring0Rosie,

We are so pleased that you enjoy your visits to our hotel. We thank you for your loyalty and will do all we can to continue to earn it. We treasure our Hilton Honors members and strive to ensure that we provide them with the World Class Service they have come to expect from Hilton Hotels.

I will make sure I share your comments with the breakfast team...they work hard every day and will appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your positive feedback.

Hope to see you soon,
Kentucky
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Hotel is conveniently located to highway, retail, and dining while still providing a wonderfully quiet night's sleep. Very clean property with the most comfortable bed I've slept on while traveling!

Visited here while my daughter was attending a registration weekend at the University of Evansville. This will definitely be our go-to place to stay when we come back to Evansville for future visits.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
JavaMom,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you with us for your future visits to visit your daughter. Go Aces!!!

Best Wishes,
Nashville
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Nice hotel in a decent location. The rooms looked like the picture and was decently clean, which was important because we have a crawler with us. The bed was real nice and can be adjusted from firm to soft. Front office staff, restaurant workers, and cleaning personnel were nice and very accommodating. Breakfast was quite pricey but we had food already included with our stay. I was debating whether to give this place a 4 or 5 star but finally opted for the 4 star because the indoor pool was quite small. I'm probably just being overly picky?

Room Tip: Lakeside views are nice!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Byrdstown, Tennessee
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I will stay here again! The bed was the most comfortable I've sleep on at a hotel in sometime. The room was very clean, bathroom was awesome. The overall look and feel of the room was great. The restaurant at HGI Evansville was great allowing me to stay in to eat. The HGI Evansville is a great stay!

• Stayed July 2012
uofl91, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Evansville, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
BR5498 (cute name),

Thank you for your king words about the hotel and your experience. Our team strives to offer World Class Service, and I appreciate your feedback...I will be sure to share it with the team.

Best wishes,
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Arrived late my family was very hungry we decided to eat at the hotel resturant. The women working was Nicole & Kelli. We all order steak dinners. To our surprise it was cook perfect better than the roadhouse we originally planned to visit. The food and service was great. I would recommend this resturant to all my business partners. The front desk was very professional also and friendly. The next morning we had breakfast both women were working breakfast. Once again the food was great.

• Stayed May 2012
Lewis859,

Thank you for your glowing remaks about our restaurant and the team we have there. I will make sure to pass along your comments to Nicole and Kelli...we are very fortunate to have them on our team. We hope to see you again.