“Very comfortable stay!”

Hilton Garden Inn Evansville
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I will stay here again! The bed was the most comfortable I've sleep on at a hotel in sometime. The room was very clean, bathroom was awesome. The overall look and feel of the room was great. The restaurant at HGI Evansville was great allowing me to stay in to eat. The HGI Evansville is a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2012
uofl91, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

BR5498 (cute name),

Thank you for your king words about the hotel and your experience. Our team strives to offer World Class Service, and I appreciate your feedback...I will be sure to share it with the team.

Best wishes,

Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Arrived late my family was very hungry we decided to eat at the hotel resturant. The women working was Nicole & Kelli. We all order steak dinners. To our surprise it was cook perfect better than the roadhouse we originally planned to visit. The food and service was great. I would recommend this resturant to all my business partners. The front desk was very professional also and friendly. The next morning we had breakfast both women were working breakfast. Once again the food was great.

• Stayed: May 2012

Lewis859,

Thank you for your glowing remaks about our restaurant and the team we have there. I will make sure to pass along your comments to Nicole and Kelli...we are very fortunate to have them on our team. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel recently with only two complaints. Thin walls and floors (sound carried from the hall and above) and the elevator broke down (but was fixed rather quickly). Staff was super friendly and accomodating and room was super clean so I did not worry about our toddler running around on the floor.

Room Tip: We stayed ina Junior King Suite ...LOTS of room!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Room was nice, restaurant and lounge area were comfortable and friendly, and breakfast was pleasant.

The front desk staff were awful. They tried to send me to a Comfort Inn when they overbooked the hotel. When I reminded them of my elite Hilton status, they 'found' a king sized bed room for me. When my suitcase was delivered from the airport they put a post-it with my room number on it, tucked in the back office, and never told me. I found it at 4:30am after spending 3 1/2 hours waiting and calling the airline before they confirmed that it was delivered. The only comment from the front desk: "Yeah, I was wondering what that was doing back there.".

Not up to HGI standards.

Room Tip: Room facing the puddle / pond has some view, otherwise it's all asphalt.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CaptainSteveG

Captain Steve,

Thank you for speaking with me recently about your experience. I appreciate your positive feedback about our property, but I am terribly sorry that we dropped the ball in getting your luggage to you. We certainly had a communication lapse at our desk, and I hate that it caused you such inconvenience. As I mentioned, I do appreciate your bringing this to my attention so we can make a teaching moment out of it as we strive to constantly improve. Thank you, again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Well maintained, clean, friendly staff, efficient, great location. Favorite place to stay when in Evansville on business! The dining at night ("restaurant") was the lowlight - poorly staffed, slow, food average, but I only tried it once. I usually go out to eat but at least you can get food on site.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is my response to the Hilton survey:
Clean cobweb from upper left corner of doorway when entering bedroom
Clean spider from corner between bathroom hall and bedroom entrance, about 3-4' from floor.
Brighten sitting area so you can see.
Don't have canoes with drums beating outside bedroom window at about 8:00AM.
Don't have PA system blasting outside about 8:00AM.
Every hall noise could be heard in sitting area.
And the worst, it was impossible to be comfortable temperature wise in bed. If I used the duvet cover it was too warm and I would through it off and be cold. The sheet alone was not sufficient. All of the bedding in the closet was wrapped and didn't look any different.
Between the noise outside, the hall noise and the inappropriate bedding materials, it was a bad experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ron N

Ron N,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us. I am so sorry for any deficiencies that you noticed in the cleanliness of your room. We pride ourselves in being the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Evansville, and we are disappointed any time we do not live up to that. We have discussed this situation with our team and are focused on making sure that it does not repeat iteself for any of our other guests.

I hope that you received my e-mail last month outlining our steps to make it up to you. I ask that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in any future visits to Evansville that you may have.

Best wishes,

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I travel alot on business, and try to stay at nice Hilton hotels. All was great with this hotel. Wonderful breakfast, clean rooms, soft towels, and excellent service. I would not hesitate to stay here again! Close to restaurants and shopping. Love the walk around the lake that takes you to great restaurants!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business