“Late Arrival”

Hampton Inn Elkhart
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We arrived late at night for our check-in but the reception desk was ready and very nice. We were checked in and headed to our rooms very quickly. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. We departed a little too late for the breakfast but there is a Cracker Barrel across the street that was very convenient.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much taking the time to respond about your stay at our hotel. We really appreciate your wonderful comments. We strive for great service and when someone takes the time to say good job, tht makes us feel good. Have a safe and fantastic summer and we hope to see you soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was my third visit. Same faces and same great service. Convenient location that is close to the toll roads. They are consistent. The only problem I had was that my room key had to be re-keyed twice but the problem was quickly corrected.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for saying great things about our property. Our staff take great pride in all of their positions. And we do stay consistant so that our guest will be happy and comfortable with their stays and continue to stay with us for future lodging needs. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Met all my expectations; no surprises. Efficient and congenial staff, clean room, low-stress surroundings and good value. The 24 hour availability of the area adjacent to the lobby allows for a break from the room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you so much for the great survey. We really appreciate you taking the time to let future potential guest know how much you liked our hotel.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Thank you for calling me and letting me know I left my Nook behind! In my years of travel there have been two times when I have left a clothing item when I stayed for extended periods of time and I have never received them back. It was impressive that the staff had the training and integrity to call me and to return a new and expensive item. I am grateful to the person cleaning the room and the staff who cared enough to call. I hope that your business grows as a result.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel staff. That really makes us feel good about little things that we do for our guests. We really try hard to train our staff and when someone compliments us on that, it makes us feel top of the world. Thank you!

Sima Ptel

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We drive approximately 1,000 miles each way to visit family 2-3 times a year. This particular hotel has been our half-way point stop for the night over the past 5 or 6 years. We feel that it offers a good room for a decent price. It's always provided us with great customer service. The front desk clerk is known to cater to our young daughter. Sometimes we arrive late at night and by the time we return from dinner it's close to or after 10 PM, when the pool is normally closed/closing. They've always offered to let us take our daughter down to swim, if we'd like. Also, they've given her gummy bears and cookies upon arrival. We've been very happy with the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel and the provisions of the complimentary breakfast. (Good offerings for people on a low-carb diet too!) My only complaint has been that the woman who is/was the breakfast hostess was sometimes too friendly/chatty with us. I'm a Midwesterner and am all for friendly, but this woman was a little too much. One thing we love about Hampton Inns, silly as it may sound, is the night-light type lighting at the top of the built ins along the outside wall. It's so nice to have an unobtrusive light that can be kept on all night...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond about your stays at our hotel. We truly appreciate your time and wonderful comments. We apologize for our Breakfast Hostess being too friendly. That is just how she is. We have tried to talk to her, but she loves to talk. We hope you understand.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stay at another Hampton Inn in the area! This one in Elkhart wasn't up to par as most Hampton's. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Goshen previously and were shocked at the service in this hotel. Front desk clerk was very unwelcoming. There was food all over the floor in the breakfast area and lobby. Could not swim because employee had several rowdy family members in pool area. They were there 45 minutes past pool closing time of 10:00pm.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn in Goshen if traveling to this area!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Sima P, Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Danyale Ragus:

Thank you for taking our survey, we really appreciate it. I would like to personally apologize to you for you feeling that I was not friendly enough to you at check in. I would like to explain the events from that night. During your check in it was not a friend of mine standing at the desk, it was our owners daughter, she had stopped in for a brief moment to say hello. As for my family members, my sister (who is employed here) and our aunt (that was a paying guest) that lives in another state that came to visit us for the weekend who checked in at 9:14pm that evening were in the lobby at one point and did use the pool after 10pm. I do at times leave the pool open after 10pm on Fridays because guest like to enjoy it, but after 11pm which is when I leave I let the 3rd shift decide if they want to give that extra guest touch by leaving it open a little longer. I can understand if you were frustrated because you did not know whether or not they were paying guest, but to reassure you they were paying guest and I have to treat them the same as I do my regular guest.
As for the breakfast area right before you had checked in, there were other guest eating pizza with their family. I am sorry I did not get to the crumbs before you had went in there. As for the coffee bar, the light is constantly on, unfortunately it's just not as bright as some guest would like it to be. So I apologize for it being to dark.
Again I am personally sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay because of the issues above. Again thank you for completing our survey. Have a wonderful day.

Wendy Johnson
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I agree with some of the other reviews. The price was higher than its counterparts of the same level. I thought the room itself was nice and well maintained but the complimentary breakfast was pretty lackluster. Maybe one should not complain about freebies but other places do a better job. We left and went to the Holiday Inn across the road because the internet connectivity was not what we needed. Had that not been a problem we would have stayed. The Holiday Inn rooms were not as nice but the internet was good and the breakfasts were much better.

Room Tip: I actually got one of the last rooms. It was a handicapped room which was probably better than a re...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the Internet. We are in the middle of upgrading our Internet so our guests don't face any problems. Please bear with us until we do. As far as our Breakfast, please tell us what you would like to see in our Breakast when you stay with us again. Thank you.

Genearl Manager