“ELKHART IND BT”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
ITHACA, United States
“ELKHART IND BT”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Met all my expectations; no surprises. Efficient and congenial staff, clean room, low-stress surroundings and good value. The 24 hour availability of the area adjacent to the lobby allows for a break from the room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you so much for the great survey. We really appreciate you taking the time to let future potential guest know how much you liked our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
United States
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Thank you for calling me and letting me know I left my Nook behind! In my years of travel there have been two times when I have left a clothing item when I stayed for extended periods of time and I have never received them back. It was impressive that the staff had the training and integrity to call me and to return a new and expensive item. I am grateful to the person cleaning the room and the staff who cared enough to call. I hope that your business grows as a result.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel staff. That really makes us feel good about little things that we do for our guests. We really try hard to train our staff and when someone compliments us on that, it makes us feel top of the world. Thank you!

Sima Ptel
Otego, New York
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We drive approximately 1,000 miles each way to visit family 2-3 times a year. This particular hotel has been our half-way point stop for the night over the past 5 or 6 years. We feel that it offers a good room for a decent price. It's always provided us with great customer service. The front desk clerk is known to cater to our young daughter. Sometimes we arrive late at night and by the time we return from dinner it's close to or after 10 PM, when the pool is normally closed/closing. They've always offered to let us take our daughter down to swim, if we'd like. Also, they've given her gummy bears and cookies upon arrival. We've been very happy with the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel and the provisions of the complimentary breakfast. (Good offerings for people on a low-carb diet too!) My only complaint has been that the woman who is/was the breakfast hostess was sometimes too friendly/chatty with us. I'm a Midwesterner and am all for friendly, but this woman was a little too much. One thing we love about Hampton Inns, silly as it may sound, is the night-light type lighting at the top of the built ins along the outside wall. It's so nice to have an unobtrusive light that can be kept on all night...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond about your stays at our hotel. We truly appreciate your time and wonderful comments. We apologize for our Breakfast Hostess being too friendly. That is just how she is. We have tried to talk to her, but she loves to talk. We hope you understand.
Sedalia, Missouri
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stay at another Hampton Inn in the area! This one in Elkhart wasn't up to par as most Hampton's. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Goshen previously and were shocked at the service in this hotel. Front desk clerk was very unwelcoming. There was food all over the floor in the breakfast area and lobby. Could not swim because employee had several rowdy family members in pool area. They were there 45 minutes past pool closing time of 10:00pm.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn in Goshen if traveling to this area!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sima P, Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Danyale Ragus:

Thank you for taking our survey, we really appreciate it. I would like to personally apologize to you for you feeling that I was not friendly enough to you at check in. I would like to explain the events from that night. During your check in it was not a friend of mine standing at the desk, it was our owners daughter, she had stopped in for a brief moment to say hello. As for my family members, my sister (who is employed here) and our aunt (that was a paying guest) that lives in another state that came to visit us for the weekend who checked in at 9:14pm that evening were in the lobby at one point and did use the pool after 10pm. I do at times leave the pool open after 10pm on Fridays because guest like to enjoy it, but after 11pm which is when I leave I let the 3rd shift decide if they want to give that extra guest touch by leaving it open a little longer. I can understand if you were frustrated because you did not know whether or not they were paying guest, but to reassure you they were paying guest and I have to treat them the same as I do my regular guest.
As for the breakfast area right before you had checked in, there were other guest eating pizza with their family. I am sorry I did not get to the crumbs before you had went in there. As for the coffee bar, the light is constantly on, unfortunately it's just not as bright as some guest would like it to be. So I apologize for it being to dark.
Again I am personally sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay because of the issues above. Again thank you for completing our survey. Have a wonderful day.

Wendy Johnson
Assistant General Manager
San Marcos, California
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I agree with some of the other reviews. The price was higher than its counterparts of the same level. I thought the room itself was nice and well maintained but the complimentary breakfast was pretty lackluster. Maybe one should not complain about freebies but other places do a better job. We left and went to the Holiday Inn across the road because the internet connectivity was not what we needed. Had that not been a problem we would have stayed. The Holiday Inn rooms were not as nice but the internet was good and the breakfasts were much better.

Room Tip: I actually got one of the last rooms. It was a handicapped room which was probably better than a re...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the Internet. We are in the middle of upgrading our Internet so our guests don't face any problems. Please bear with us until we do. As far as our Breakfast, please tell us what you would like to see in our Breakast when you stay with us again. Thank you.

Genearl Manager
Michigan
Reviewed March 8, 2013

For business or play, this Hampton Inn can't be beat! Great Beds, Great Eats, Great Service! Hotel was easy to get to, and there are a variety of restaurants close by. During the evening a snow storm hit the area ( 12 inches ) - and the crews were clearing the lots for their patrons and making sure the sidewalks were safe!

Room Tip: If you have a special request for a room, the front desk will bend over backwards to accomodate your...
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for an outstanding comments about your stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate your time. It is so nice to hear good things about your hotel and staff. Thank you. Have a great week and we hope to see you soon.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Room was great. Breakfast was great. The front desk and the housekeeping were great. Only issue was it was snowing hard, and the plows started on the Kmart parking lot outside the room at 3am and woke me up.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank You for a great survey. We really appreciate your time. It's always nice to hear good things about your hotel and staff. Thank you. We apologize for the snow plowers waking you up early in the morning. We hope to better accommodate your needs next time you stay with us. Have a wonderful week and we hope to see you soon.

Sima Patel