“very nice hotel and very affordable”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed here for the weekend to go see Notre Dame play in South Bend and loved it. The rates were very reasonable for gameday weekend compared to the other hotels in South Bend and Elkhart. The room was very nice and had every amenity we would need: good size flat screen tv, comfortable (and clean) king sized bed and blankets, drawers, closet area with places for folded clothes, iron/ironing board, mini fridge, coffee maker, nice shower, and plenty of lighting. The ceilings were quite high which gave the room a more spacious and luxurious feel and the layout was excellent. The room was very clean and the sheets and towels were replaced each day.

The staff was very helpful and accommodating, a very polite girl named Michelle helped us book our room at the front desk. There's an indoor pool, sauna, workout room, and breakfast area which was nice. The continental breakfast was quite good as far as continental breakfasts go.

Would definitely stay here again if we decide to come back to see another game at Notre Dame.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lubby

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have to admit, I only stayed here because I had some hotel points that were going to expire soon if I didn't use them. I liked the reviews and we had enough points to get this room for free for one night. I would not hesitate to stay here again! The room is unique. Very spacious, high ceilings and a sliding "pocket " door that separates the vanity area from he shower/toilet area. Very clean room. VERY spacious shower stall with glass door enclosure. The beds were firm and comfortable. Nice pillows... not the overly squishy kind. Flat screen TV, (but I didn't see a clock.) The lights are mounted on the ceiling above the head of the bed. Easy to snap on instead of the usual twisting knobs at most places. I realy liked the layout of the room. It was not what I expected for a budget hotel. Breakfast was about what you'd see at most hotels.
The pool area was the only thing that disappointed me. It smelled and looked over chlorinated. Hazy and almost a green color instead of the blue it was suppose to be. The jacuuzi was nice though.
We forgot to bring a razor with us, so they gave us one at the front desk. Nice sleep, but as one reviewer said before me... the higher the floor... the less noise you'll hear. We had a family above us and their kids were having fun running back and forth. We brought a small fan to drown out that sort of stuff.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the less noise you'll hear from neighbors.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nickie623
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Recently stayed in Elkhart, Indiana. Not sure why, but all of the hotel parking lots are dark. We arrived late ( after 11) and was checked in with ease. Room was standard with two queens. The bathroom was a bit odd...it had a pocket door to the shower and toilet. Speaking of shower...it was the largest, roomiest one I had ever encountered in this hotel class. It was nice not having shower curtains as this was glass enclosed,, no tub. Water was very warm. Breakfast items included: juices, coffee, flavored creamers, cereal, danishes, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, sausage patty, waffles. As I was just passing thru town, I would probably stay again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kayroOH
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This hotel was pretty close to what I would expect for the price. My 2 children and I stayed here the first night of a road trip from MN to Maine and back. The room was acceptable (This could be a superb hotel for the price if the carpets cleaned and there was a bit more attention to detail in the bathroom but overall OK.)

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank chefermom2
Reviewed August 24, 2012

There are numerous hotels in the same block right here. Choose a different one. This Sleep Inn is not up to the usual quality of the Sleep/Quality/Comfort line. Carpets were dirty. Beds are double--not queen. Air conditioning did not work in our room. Breakfast was mediocre.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This Sleep Inn is just above average! King room was generous in size and was pretty clean (no sign of bugs) and comfortable. Location of Inn is quiet and there are restaurants nearby-some give a discount for showing your room key. Breakfast room was clean and kept stocked. Price was reasonable. What more can one expect of a budget motel for a one night stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank choicegirl
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was our stop-over on a long-distance drive/move. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We did not have a reservation, but we still got a great price on a room. The room itself was clean, beds and pillows were comfortable. Breakfast was good and had a nice selection. We enjoyed the quiet hotel and had a nice place to take a break from our long drive. Recommend to all travelers!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family