“Good Value”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I have stayed at this Econolodge several times in the past year. The rooms are large, clean and quiet. The staff is friendly and helpful. The wireless internet has worked well for me. There are many many choice available at this exit, This is my choice.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed September 1, 2011

My room was large, updated, very clean and well-maintained. Nice comfy bed. I recommend the second floor however, as the floors seemed a little creaky. Breakfast is just the usual bagels and muffins for this chain, but for $41 the room was an excellent value.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank UncleCharlie
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We decided to stop at this inn because we had a motel coupon. As the title suggests, this was a very basic, no frills motor inn. People who complain about cheap facilities should stay at a place they pay more money for. You get what you pay for.

As for the room, it was clean and very plain, nothing fancy at all. The air-conditioning worked, as did the TV. The carpeting was clean and nice. The woman who checked us in was very friendly. All we wanted was a place to stay, and this fit. We had no complaints about it, except the fact that their free high-speed Internet had a very poor signal and I ended up using my own mobile hot spot.

Room Tip: Use the motel coupon from roomsaver.com.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2011

This hotel is filthy. They did not appear to have cleaned our bathroom. When we arrived there were still hairs in the bathtub from the previous visitor and the sink counter had bits of dirt on it. Absolutely vile. I cannot believe a hotel this unclean is still allowed to operate. I've stayed in cheap youth hostels that were far cleaner than this.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2010

We stopped here on the first night of a 17 day road trip. We got in late, and while the attendant in the lobby was very friendly, we were disappointed to find that the bottom (fitted) sheet appeared unchanged (stains, hairs, etc). The air conditioner was noisy. Otherwise, room was fine. Bathroom was clean. This was a good place for a quick sleepover. Our rate was $39.99. Near many food locations, including a 24 hour steak-n-shake.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I was travelling alone with my 12yr old and small puppy. I needed a place to stay with the dog and the econolodge elkhart had some nice reviews on TA. So i took the chance and booked it. First room they gave me smelled like death and thankfully i had asked to check it out before i took it. After the woman was informed about how musty and smelly the room was i asked for another and she found one for me and then went and asked me to pay upfront. I gave her my credit card and the total was 25.00 more than i had reserved online for. After asking her why this was she said because she had to give me a different room and no more kings were left. To which i told her that i didn't ask her for two doubles she just gave them to me. She then said "Oh im supposed to charge you but i'll take it off". Yea OK. this was not a kid behind the desk it was a nasty older woman who would not even look at me. I went to the room with a bad taste in my mouth now and brought our things up. The room was big as described by others and the bathroom was small and pretty gross to be honest. stains on the floor, tub, walls yuk. I then took my puppy out for a walk around the building and there i saw on the ground red underwear and a black wig. This all made sense when during the night the knocking on the doors all around never stopped. hmmmmmm, at 430a.m. i got up took a quick shower and told my daughter to start packing up so we could get out of there. Absolutely disgusting place. There are plenty of hotels in this area to choose from and so I really hope you pass on this one when reading the other reviews. what a nightmare. ugh.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2010

this was a good hotel. it was quiet and very clean and the front desk attendant was really helpful with directions.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family