“Lake Perch”

Ranked #3 of 191 Restaurants in Elkhart
Cuisines: American, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Upscale food but casual atmosphere located in the middle of the motels off 80/90 toll road. From hand pattied burgers to black angus sirloin and filet mignon. Walleye, lake perch, blue gill and salmon to a full sushi bar! 20 beers on tap specializing in local hand crafted micro brews. Great little wine list. It's where the locals and the business travelers meet. Great bar atmosphere!
phoenix az
“Lake Perch”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I try to visit here whenever in town, just for the lake perch, sauteed or fried, your choice. They have very generous portions so come hungry. Went close to happy hour and the bar area is in the middle section, so it does make for a very noisy dining experience if you are there at that time. They serve veggies and potatoes or rice with the entrees. Dining partner had double veggies in place of potato. Veggie was green beans with garlic, very tasty. Server Hillary was pleasant and efficient as was the kitchen. Meals came out very quickly, despite being at a busy time when nearly all the tables were full.

• Visited June 2013

Livonia, Michigan
“Good but not great”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I dined there on a Monday night. The atmosphere was somewhat rustic and quaint. Lots of locals which is a good sign meaning that the food is high-value and good quality.

They have a vast selection of specialty draft beers. There is a wide variety of fish and sushi. I had the bluegill which I had never tried before and they did it quite nicely.

If I had one minor complaint it would be the waitress. She was not all that attentive and many times I had to get her attention to service my table even though it wasn't all that busy.

Overall I would go back.

• Visited April 2013
San Marcos, California
“The Sushi place in Elkhart”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

But I am not a Sushi guy. They had a shrimp dish that I went for and it was good. It was Monday night Sushi was half off so the place was packed. Elkhart is not the place I would have thought liked sushi that much but they were coming out of the woodwork. The food was good. The folks at our table had a variety of things and everyone liked what they had. The prices were decent but we did wait a long time to be served.

• Visited March 2013
“Great menu”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Good sushi, great salads and drinks. Service is excellent. My husband frequents the Chubby Trout at lunchtime and LOVES the crab bisque.

Visited February 2013
Indiana
“Some of the best fish”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The atmosphere is casual and nice. The space is smal so seating is limited. The food is terrific. My husband and I have been twice and loved what we had each time. Great sushi and fish.

Visited March 2012