“New Year's Eve Dinner with Wife”
Review of Luchesse's

Luchesse's
Ranked #15 of 209 Restaurants in Elkhart
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Overall it was a nice experience. We had a bottle of Forefront Pinot Noir. No appetizer. My wife had a Chicken dish and I had Veal Scaloppini. The veal was excellent. We enjoyed our dinner and the atmosphere. The best italian in Elkhart County.

1  Thank edarh

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We last visited Luchesses on New Years Eve. I was not expecting much because previous experiences dining out on New Years Eve have not been great. I was pleasantly surprised. It was busy and we ate early around 630p. The service was friendly and prompt. The waitress was very informed about the menu. She explained the entrees and made a couple of recommendations. I had roast chicken with herbs in a wine sauce served over pasta. My only complaint was that the pasta was a bit sticky. My husband had grilled shrimp over pasta with a spicy red sauce. Excellent. The drinks were prompt. Have a good wine list. Mostly American.
The chicken soup I had as an appetizer was delicious. Clear broth with herbs and pasta.

The menu has a wide variety of food. The traditional Italian fair is there, but also seafood, steaks and other entrees. This may not be the place for people wanting the spaghetti and meatballs dinners found at many Italian restaurants, but if you are looking for something a little more adventurous. Luchesse is the place.

Atmosphere is trendy. Good for families or for a dinner for two. Highly recomend.

1  Thank Ann W
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We have eaten here before and gotten take out as well and have always been satisfied. So when we had sitters for the night we were excited to celebrate my birthday. What a disappointment. We waited for 20 minutes for our drinks to be served. The crab cakes were deep fried and bland, the filet (ordered medium rare) was cold and rare. "Crab" with the filet was imitation crab meat. Order placed to go for our sitter was never given to the kitchen (given to waitress with our dinner order). We have been sitting at our table for 40 minutes following completion of our meal, waiting for the to go order. No check has been presented, no offer to refill drinks. We will not be returning.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

My fiancée and I have been to Luchesse's on multiple occasions over the past 6 months. While the food and beverages are a bit on the high side, I feel the restaurant delivers on providing a high quality of food, service and a very clean and trendy environment. They have many great options, and I particularly enjoyed one of their duck entrees. I definitely recommend this to couples, families and travelers whom are visiting the Elkhart area.

1  Thank Random_PJA
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We eat there often for special occasions the food is always great. The fresh baked bread is fantastic with the olive oil dip.

1  Thank Indianasb