“Awesome pizzas, pasta and wine”
Review of Antonio's

Antonio's
Ranked #9 of 194 Restaurants in Elkhart
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We - 4 German guys - found this restaurant on our way to Lake Michigan via Tripadvisor. All of us had very good dinner. The service was good (one wrong beverage, but this could be of bad English language). The atmosphere makes you feel sitting in a real Italian tratoria.

1  Thank Manni P

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I met my future in-laws for the first time there for dinner several years ago. The service was slow but the food was great. My wife and I have since gone there every year for our anniversary and once or twice more a year. The service has always been slow but last week was unforgivable. We arrived at 6:45pm and were told it would be 10 or 15 min. It was an unexpected Thursday date night away from our four young children so we jumped at the chance to go to Antonio's. At 7:30 I finally requested one of 2 tables that were being cleared in the bar. One was a cozy romantic booth and the other a 2 top along the wall in the bar. The hostes gave the prime real estate to a couple that walked in 10 min prior to seating and stuck us along the wall where butts off all sizes from drunk obese patrons brushed our arms and table and were backed up into our faces as people sat or stood at the bar. At 7:45 our waitress took our drink/app order as we begged for bread & water. The other 2 top got their entire meal, our drinks by accident, and refills before we got a martini, chianti, spin dip, and WATER. We complained and got scolded by our waitres. So we ate our app, paid and left hungry and angry. I refuse to ever spend another penny there.

2  Thank 4kidsadvisor
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We ate at this restaurant two years ago and loved it so wanted to go back this visit and it's still as good as we remembered. I'm not a huge pasta fan so I had the salmon (I know I'm a bit strange) and it was very good once I took the jalapeno peppers off the top....LOL! My husband's eggplant parmesan was excellent he said and, of course, the bread was wonderful. Service was excellent and the wine was good so definitely would return to this locally owned restaurant when we come back through the area. No reservations taken after 6 p.m. and my only recommendation is to try and sit along the wall if possible. The center of the restaurant can get very noisy if you are trying to carry on a conversation.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you love great food, great atmosphere, great service, & locally owned restaurant then look no further. I've never had a bad meal here. We are in the process of moving & I will miss eating here every week. When we come back this will be our first stop.

1  Thank LynnesPicks
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I lived in downtown Chicago for 18 years and THIS is the only restaurant in this area that I will take my friends too + it's my favorite for myself! The food is excellent. They layer their food with flavors and it is homemade. I sometimes have to ask to alter dishes a bit, mostly just asking for less sauce, as I do not like as much sauce as they add to the pasta dishes. I have never ordered their pizza, as it is always my husband and my date night restaurant. You cannot go wrong with pretty much any dish you order here. And, the artichoke appetizer is fantastic. They have a fair wine selection. I usually order a Malbec! On a couple occasions I've had to ask them to fill my wine glass fuller - watch for this. There is a particular female bartender who's not the nicest gal...Another small con is I do not like that their water glasses have advertisements on them. I prefer my water in a nicer water glass :( - yes, I am that picky! :) Even with their tiny faults, I still love this restaurant because the dishes are phenomenal!

If you are going for a special occasion, ask for the booth in the corner of the bar area right after the main dining room. I like that location, as you don't have to see the T.V.'s in the bar and you are set off from everyone else. That is where I like to sit.

1  Thank xtine312