Best Western Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Was traveling on vacation, driving through Elkhart and was looking for a nice cheap place to stay. This place was great, had tons of amenities. The price was very resonable, and the staff was very friendly. They had a hot breakfast, indoor pool, and the rooms were really clean. We also stayed on our way back home and it was great service again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
bestwesterngm2, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Best Western for your recent stay in Elkhart,IN. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at Best Western Inn & Suites, Elkhart,In.

3326 Cassopolis st
Elkhart,IN 46514

Reviewed November 1, 2011

It all began by my having to pay $140 (on Hotline, no less) on a fall Saturday night because it was a Notre Dame football weekend (the rate usually hovers around $70). I was told by the young girls at the front desk that jacking up the price on a crappy hotel by 100% is standard procedure. Even at the $70 rate, I would not stay here again, but adding insult to injury - I was asked to stay in a smoking room because that's all they had. Now in 2011 the fact that some hotels (and they are not alone) still have a full floor of smoking rooms baffles me. I can't even come close to cigarette smoking without getting headaches and I was not going to spend $140 to get one. She informed me that's the only room availability they had - something I viewed as preposterous as at 7 P.M. there were about three cars in the parking lot. So I told her I wanted to cancel because I couldn't stay in a smoking room. The desk clerk gave me a key and told me to check it out to see if it "was too bad for me to stay in." I did. It was awful.

When I told her I had to cancel she told me that it would be $70 to do that. I told her that wasn't happening and I persisted and she SUDDENLY REMEMBERED a room at the end of the smoking hall that they never rent and because of this, "shouldn't have too much smoke." When we went there to check it out, the door read "NON SMOKING." And it was. Why she didn't offer this to begin with, is beyond me.

Once in the room, it was fine but soon found out the response to any problem for this girl was "thanks for letting us know." No means of fixing anything, but a polite "thanks." The phone in my room didn't work, so I had to call on my cell to ask about the internet which wasn't working "Thanks for letting us know, but try one of the neighboring hotel wireless signals, that should work." Really? And the phone not working? "Thanks for letting us know." I later realized the clock wasn't working either, but at this time had given up.

I went down stairs later to make a food run with my son and while I was passing by the desk, a man came out of the pool and told the front desk clerk "that room is freezing and so is the water." Her response? You guessed it. "Thanks for letting us know." Unbelievable.

Needless to say we skipped the "free" breakfast the next morning and headed out of there as soon as we could. In fairness, the rooms are okay and fairly clean but the place is located behind a gas station and not in a very good area at all. The hotel is dark, cold and drabby. There are much better options in Elkhart. I won't be using Hotwire again to find them.

Be warned.

Room Tip: Make sure when you book that you're not getting a smoking room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
bestwesterngm2, Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 1-574-262-8761.

Priya Patel

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Attended a ND vs Air Force game, so we decided to give the BW Elkhart a shot. For the record, I am not a fuss buss about every little blemish in a hotel. Different types of people stay at hotels everyday and who knows how they treat their room. My standards for a hotel are:

*Carpets vacuumed
*Bed made with fresh linen
*Bathroom cleaned (no mold anywhere and no hair or any type of residue in the shower)
*No smoke smell
*Friendly staff

Check in time was 3:30. We arrived early around 11am and they let us check in. The staff friendly and very accomodating. The room was spacious. It had a separate couch area with a desk. The bed was a king size and the pillows were nice and fluffy. Our room (#121) had a jacuzzi tub and the bathroom was roomy. It was by no means the a 5 star hotel, but for $189 on a Notre Dame weekend, it was fair. My wife, who is very picky, was satisfied with the room. We will mostly likely stay there again. It's about 20 minutes from ND, so next time we may try to find something closer.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
bestwesterngm2, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear sir,
Thank you for the wonderful review on your last stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve. Hope to see you back again this year for Notre dame football season. we want to inform you We have upgraded to a hot breakfast and new bedding.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 1-574-262-8761.

Thank you again, we appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Stayed for one night. The bathroom was dirty. The grout around the tile on the floor looked dirty and the floor looked like it had not been washed in a long time. The shower curtain was stained all over... it was DISGUSTING!!! This was the worst hotel room I can remember.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

I was in Elkhart for business and chose this hotel for location, price and the fact that sight unseen on-line it seemed a good value for price. The staff is VERY friendly and professional, and the breakfast is better than described on the web site. But travelers do need to be aware that this hotel is a bit worn; the wash cloths were frayed and furniture seemed "tired". I elected not to use the in-room whirlpool bath as the nozzles looked black from either mold, or just age. In fact, when I returned to Elkhart at the end of the weekend, I found a better rate at the Hampton Inn, and the rooms were much nicer.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Little hard at first to find the drive way into the BW parking area but once you do it's ok-Check in was smooth. Very friendly and helpful staff-Continetal Breakfast was more than just fruit,muffins and coffee-there was also sausages,scrambled eggs-waffles were available-Coffee Very good-
Room Clean but a bit dark (those doggone CFL bulbs) the bathroom was Great-spacious-well lit, shampoo and conditioner in a dispener unit in shower-special closing toilet seat and lid (so they don't bang)
Bed was great,plenty of pillows-room darkening curtains make a big difference-Air conditioning was very efficient and Quiet-
We were Very impressed with this Hotel-even tho....
It does need some basic TLC sink faucet leaked at base of faucet,and the great shower head also need attention for leak at connection-
Housekeeping needs to pay a bit more attention to dusting-behind the TV
Overall a very nice stay-

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The front desk staff did a great job providing our team with all our needs. They went above and beyond what others wouldn't have done for us. The hotel was right off the highway and had many nice restaurants and grocery stores all next door to it. We were there during extreme heat and the room A/C kept it nice and cool.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends