“I didn't want to leave!”

Hilton Garden Inn Elkhart
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Hubby and I were in Elkhart, IN. for a nephew's wedding last month. We booked a King suite. The front desk staff was great, the room was beautiful, spacious and clean, with great linens~so Comfy!!) We had lots of counter space in the bathroom, which is always a bonus. Our suite came with a micro wave, coffee/ tea setup and a mini fridge, so I was Very Pleased. I requested a late check out time since we were partying late the night of the wedding. Our room was so comfortable I really didn't want to leave, and frankly felt very special all propped up with a bunch of pillows, my lap top and hot java while Hubby watched golf in the other part of the suite. Our room had 2 flat screen TVS. OH ! And the complimentary hot made to order breakfast served daily downstairs in a breakfast room off the lobby! I wish I could remember the name of the lovely lady who was the Breakfast Greeter ( PATTY, I think) She was FABULOUS- upbeat and personable, and a true Hilton asset! Brekkie was great too, and was definitely worth getting up for. Which normally I don't. We'd stay at this property again any time we need to attend an event in Elkhart.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoxyRedwing
Chris N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Thank you Roxy for your comments.

If you have a moment and are willing to share, I would greatly appreciate the names of any employees that provided you with our outstanding service during this visit. We do pass this information along and celebrate our success throughout the hotel.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Three years ago this Hilton was new with great landscaping and clean rooms. This last time we stayed there were nothing but weeds and the bathroom had signs of mold growing in the corners. This Hilton will work in a pinch, but other then that find a different place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank C B
Chris N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2016

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that old management of this hotel did not respond to your review. Please know that I started at this property in late 2014 and if I can be of any service to you, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. We checked in around 10pm and when we entered our room for the first time, it was extremely humid and hot. We turned the air conditioning on, but after three hours, the room was not any cooler than when we had initially entered. The heat in addition to a bug (cockroach?) I found during this three hour period motivated me to request a room change. The receptionist was friendly enough but the request seemed to catch her off guard; she was not apologetic for the room condition and seemed uncertain as to how to address this request. She did, however, move us to another room.

The air conditioning in the second room was much better than the first. However, the bed was uncomfortable (I'm not a fan of using air to change the softness/firmness of a mattress) and the room, like the first, was dirty. I found a bug in the second room as well. The wallpaper and the front of the sink in the bathroom had been splashed with something and needed to be cleaned. Breakfast was $6 per person.

I expected more from a Hilton hotel - I was very disappointed with the lack of cleanliness. There is a brand new Marriott hotel next door to this hotel, and we plan on staying at the Marriott next time we visit Elkhart.

1  Thank Lydia W

Dear Lydia,

I agree that a change needed to happen in our housekeeping department. Please know that we were using outside temp help in this area and I have already made the change to hiring our own people and training them the Hilton way. We've seen drastic improvements in our housekeeping scores already and I believe we are on the right track.

Thank you for your comments and re-assuring me that the move was necessary.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

This location is convenient, well maintained and staffed with friendly, helpful individuals. Surprisingly at the price level paid, not even a continental breakfast is included. The only option is a $10 per person breakfast buffet. Complimentary internet access is painfully slow.

Dear scottbM3815IH,

Please know that we offer a couple different options in the hotel that perhaps we failed to make you aware of. There is a 5 dollar cold continental option in the breakfast area and there is 2.95 upgrade fee for the faster internet. I am sorry my staff did not communicate these too you. I will make this a training topic right away.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

The property is well maintained, the staff friendly, and the room comfortable and clean. It was easy to find, the full service dining a plus. We loved the Keurig coffee maker in our room. We will definitely return to this property the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank You Dr. Trish,

We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Had an opportunity to stay,at a nice clean hotel on the way to Canon for the NFL Hall of Fame Induction. The staff was courteous,the hotel was clean,and I have made it a point to use Hilton through out my travels, within the mid west.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Chris N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

What a great opportunity to visit Canton, something I have always wanted to do. I hope you enjoyed the ceremony!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

If I had one complaint about our trip to Elkhart, it would be that we weren't able to spend much time in our beautiful hotel room! This was a clean, inviting facility, with an airy lobby and convenient layout.

Our room was very clean and there were plenty of towels and toiletries. My wife appreciated the Keurig coffeemaker in the room. Comfortable beds and a nice television. The staff seemed friendly, and Reggie in particular went out of her way to make sure we felt welcomed and comfortable.

Breakfast was decent. Plenty of variety and the servers were very attentive. The price seemed reasonable for what you got.

Our one complaint was the noise. The rooms are not very soundproof, and we were able to hear the people in the room above us walking around at 2:30 AM. Otherwise, our stay was very pleasant, and we would return again!

Room Tip: Request the highest floor, because the rooms are not very soundproof, and you will hear noise from t...