“Nice Stay”

Comfort Suites South
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed her for 2 nights. Checked-in later in the evening. The young lady at the front desk was not very friendly or helpful. She basically took my credit card, swiped it, and handed me 2 keys, announcing our room number out loud. She failed to mention anything about the breakfast buffet, swimming pool hours, or any other amenities. She just seemed indifferent. However, I must say that the young lady who checked us out was very helpful and friendly.
Our room was very spacious and clean. Bathroom amenities were very nice. We also had plenty of towels. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was very nicely stocked. The area was well-maintained and clean.
We had a very nice stay here in Elkhart.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jason P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to Elkhart, IN. We appreciate your kind comments on our hotel and your experience at the Comfort Suites South. We try to make sure all of our guest are comfortable and happy in our all Suites hotel. Once again with your comments we know where we can improve our guest experience at. Hope to see you on your next visit to Elkhart, IN.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed for four nights while visiting family. Great location, right off the bypass (though not really near the Toll Road/Interstate) with easy access to Elkhart, South Bend/Mishawaka, and Amish Country. Lobby is inviting and comfortable. Check in was very easy and very friendly. The room was spacious and very comfortable. No safe in the room - if you had anything you wanted to secure, you had to ask the front desk to do that (we didn't use this service). The hotel offers free breakfast, but we only ate at it once because it was kinda bad - the eggs were obviously powdered and had the wrong texture (very grainy); both the eggs and the sausage were on the cool side of lukewarm despite being in a warmer. There was also cereal, danish, bread for toast, and yogurt...but after the egg experience, we threw out our breakfast and decided to eat the other mornings at a great little diner down the road (Cock A Doodle cafe, just take a right out of the hotel and it's on the right a little way down). I also noticed that the carpeting in the lobby and hallways, even though it was pretty new, looked like it wasn't stretched tight enough because it was 'bubbling' up in a few places here and there...could be a problem for them in the future. But, everything considered, I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

First I would like to Thank you for writing a review for our hotel, it really helps us to know where we can improve to make your stay more enjoyable. We are currently working on new renovations, at the hotel so we apologize for any inconvenience to you and your family. We hope to see you again, on you next trip to visit family in Elkhart, IN.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Excellent find, my husband and I and our 2 children were on our way from MN to NYC and stopped in Chicago for the day. We wanted to get out of Chicago so tried to find a hotel along the way. After calling one hotel that was booked they referred us to the Comfort Suites Hotel Elkhart. I was great! They had excellent clean, spacious rooms. Beds were very comfortable. Front Dest Clerk was very friendly even with our last minute drop in. She was very helpful and curtious to the little elderly gentelman checking in before me who was hard of hearing and felt a little lost she was patient and directed him to where he needed to go never rushing him. The hot breakfast and a little swim in the pool before we left were a wonderful benefit before we got in the car to finish our little trip. Also the free Wi-Fi so handy for me to write this review before we headed off.,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mingirl

We're very happy to hear you had such a great experience at the Comfort Suites South. We strive to make sure that our staff here are as efficient as possible. Also we try to go over and beyond for all of our wonderful guest. Thank you once again for staying with us and hope to see you again on your next trip.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was my first time at a Comfort Suites. The bed was comfortable, and the pillows were great. There were a lot of cable channels and free Internet. Also, the location was great since I was only planning to visit Downtown Elkhart. The hotel offers a hot breakfast. My only complaint is that there was not any fresh fruit. My only complaint is that the sofa was narrow. Definitely, not big enough for someone to lay down on it. Also, not much of a view if you like that sort of thing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We try our best to make sure all of our guest at the Comfort Suites South have a great experience. Have a great summer and we hope to see you back on your next visit to downtown Elkhart.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding with my family. O was greeted well by the desk clerk. The room was nicer than expected, and very comfortable. And, once we got some fresh air on the room, we went about our evening making use of our hotel fun.

We used the pool, which was supposed to be heated according to the website, but it was a little chilly. The hot tub, however, was fabulous!

The hotel includes breakfast, but don't expect too much. The meet may have been cooked, bit of didn't look like it. The waffles were great! You can choose the original malted flavor or blueberry. YUM!!

Overall, a well maintained property!

• Stayed: June 2013
Jason P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit at the Comfort Suites South, we appreciate you staying with us on your trip to Elkhart, IN. Were happy to hear you had a positive experience at our hotel, we pride our selves on running a well maintained property. We hope to see you on your next visit to Elkhart, IN. We also want to extend a warm congratulation to the newly weds.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Have stayed here in the past and had a great experience, although the breakfast leaves a lot to be desired but this last visit here will be my last!!! When I pulled the blankets back I founds black curly PUBIC hairs in the sheets as well as what appeared to be clippings of either finger nail or toe nails in the bed.....when I called down to the desk at 10 pm I was told to come down to the desk and pick up new linens so I could make up my own bed rather than offer to move me to a different room. When I left a message for the general manager to call me the next day at 7 a.m. I had not received a call back by 3 pm so I called back. I was told that he had my number and was "just fixing to call me" and was going to take $25 off my bill. I stated that I was pretty aggravated that I had to change my own bed at 10 PM rather than move me to another room and then I had to call the manager back since he couldn't find the time to call a very disgruntled guest back in 8 hours. I told him to do what ever he felt he needed to do and that as a hotel guest of over 200 nights a year I could find another hotel. It was pretty obvious he had NO concern for a customers issues!!! The night clerk was very apologetic for the issue and stated that she could not come up and change the linen but did not offer to move me to another room. The morning desk clerk said she would pass my complaint to the general manager when he came it, but obviously he didn't care or he would have taken care of the issue the first thing rather than waiting on the customer to call back in.

Room Tip: Check your bed before you get in it!!!! Wish I had taken photos of the pubic hairs in the bed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Indy_Fan_Man
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very glad we could get a room at Comfort Suites in Elkhart IN. Off the main thruway about a mile. Quiet. Asked for two rooms together and even though reservations said they could not promise, but our request was honored for the two rooms with access to both rooms even though we were the last ones to check in that night. Price was reasonable for a high attendance weekend. Easy access to Notre Dame, about 25 mins. Very clean, spacious. Nice large eating area. Great breakfast bagels and all kinds of breads. Yogurt, scrambled eggs, large sausages, waffles, juice. Wonderful! Had bags to go if we had to leave before breakfast. . Even opened early so we could eat before leaving. Beds very comfortable. Would definitely stay there again.
Nicely stacked towels. Cool air. Black out shades which makes sleeping so much easier, Small night light in bathroom, so we did not wake each other during the night! Great!

Room Tip: third floor upstairs was great. Elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank berry500
Jason P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Comfort Suites South, we strive on creating a great experience for all our guest. Its great to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. We hope to see you one your next visit to Elkhart, IN.