“Very Nice Stay”

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Chicago, Illinois
“Very Nice Stay”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was my first time at a Comfort Suites. The bed was comfortable, and the pillows were great. There were a lot of cable channels and free Internet. Also, the location was great since I was only planning to visit Downtown Elkhart. The hotel offers a hot breakfast. My only complaint is that there was not any fresh fruit. My only complaint is that the sofa was narrow. Definitely, not big enough for someone to lay down on it. Also, not much of a view if you like that sort of thing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites South, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We try our best to make sure all of our guest at the Comfort Suites South have a great experience. Have a great summer and we hope to see you back on your next visit to downtown Elkhart.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding with my family. O was greeted well by the desk clerk. The room was nicer than expected, and very comfortable. And, once we got some fresh air on the room, we went about our evening making use of our hotel fun.

We used the pool, which was supposed to be heated according to the website, but it was a little chilly. The hot tub, however, was fabulous!

The hotel includes breakfast, but don't expect too much. The meet may have been cooked, bit of didn't look like it. The waffles were great! You can choose the original malted flavor or blueberry. YUM!!

Overall, a well maintained property!

• Stayed June 2013
Jason P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites South, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit at the Comfort Suites South, we appreciate you staying with us on your trip to Elkhart, IN. Were happy to hear you had a positive experience at our hotel, we pride our selves on running a well maintained property. We hope to see you on your next visit to Elkhart, IN. We also want to extend a warm congratulation to the newly weds.
Vincennes, Indiana
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Have stayed here in the past and had a great experience, although the breakfast leaves a lot to be desired but this last visit here will be my last!!! When I pulled the blankets back I founds black curly PUBIC hairs in the sheets as well as what appeared to be clippings of either finger nail or toe nails in the bed.....when I called down to the desk at 10 pm I was told to come down to the desk and pick up new linens so I could make up my own bed rather than offer to move me to a different room. When I left a message for the general manager to call me the next day at 7 a.m. I had not received a call back by 3 pm so I called back. I was told that he had my number and was "just fixing to call me" and was going to take $25 off my bill. I stated that I was pretty aggravated that I had to change my own bed at 10 PM rather than move me to another room and then I had to call the manager back since he couldn't find the time to call a very disgruntled guest back in 8 hours. I told him to do what ever he felt he needed to do and that as a hotel guest of over 200 nights a year I could find another hotel. It was pretty obvious he had NO concern for a customers issues!!! The night clerk was very apologetic for the issue and stated that she could not come up and change the linen but did not offer to move me to another room. The morning desk clerk said she would pass my complaint to the general manager when he came it, but obviously he didn't care or he would have taken care of the issue the first thing rather than waiting on the customer to call back in.

Room Tip: Check your bed before you get in it!!!! Wish I had taken photos of the pubic hairs in the bed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Indy_Fan_Man
Sidney OH
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very glad we could get a room at Comfort Suites in Elkhart IN. Off the main thruway about a mile. Quiet. Asked for two rooms together and even though reservations said they could not promise, but our request was honored for the two rooms with access to both rooms even though we were the last ones to check in that night. Price was reasonable for a high attendance weekend. Easy access to Notre Dame, about 25 mins. Very clean, spacious. Nice large eating area. Great breakfast bagels and all kinds of breads. Yogurt, scrambled eggs, large sausages, waffles, juice. Wonderful! Had bags to go if we had to leave before breakfast. . Even opened early so we could eat before leaving. Beds very comfortable. Would definitely stay there again.
Nicely stacked towels. Cool air. Black out shades which makes sleeping so much easier, Small night light in bathroom, so we did not wake each other during the night! Great!

Room Tip: third floor upstairs was great. Elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank berry500
Jason P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites South, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Comfort Suites South, we strive on creating a great experience for all our guest. Its great to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. We hope to see you one your next visit to Elkhart, IN.
Hershey, PA
Reviewed April 22, 2013

First stopped at Hilton Garden Inn and was shocked at $149 per night price so went around the corner to the Comfort Suites and not only was it much cheaper at $70 but the room was a large suite. We definitely will return!

Room Tip: Always check around when there are several hotels close by.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeniorTraveller68
Illinois
Reviewed March 9, 2013

In the area on business, I found the Comfort Suites at a very good price, and was very happy with my choice. It is a newer property with very clean and well appointed rooms. Better than most Comfort Suites, which are one of my Go-To brands. The fitness room had very nice, very new equipment as well (in fact, you need to update your pictures, as it DOES have weight machine not shown). There aren't any restaurants in the immediate vicinity, but one exit east there are tons.

A snow covered lot at 6pm on a day it had stopped snowing hours before was my only real problem, but the staff was incredibly apologetic, and did have the entrance cleared and salted.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Otowners
Jason P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites South, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites Elkhart South on your past buisness trip. We appreciate you taking your time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We are currently renovating our fitness center, lobby, and breakfast areas. Im sure on your next visit to elkhart you will see even more impovement to the already great services we provide. Once again thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel, and hope we can accomodate you on your next visit.
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Found this hotel on our way to Colorado. We were looking for a hotel in one of those coupon books you get at the rest areas, but didn't find it and decided to stay here. Glad we did, one of the best hotels we've stayed at in a long time. The front desk was very friendly and efficient. The room was a good size with all the amenities you look for and extremely clean. You almost thought it was a new hotel. The rate was very reasonable, you didn't feel over priced. Worth every penny. Would stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family