“Last stay there pretty BAD will not be another!!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Comfort Suites South
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Vincennes, Indiana
“Last stay there pretty BAD will not be another!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Have stayed here in the past and had a great experience, although the breakfast leaves a lot to be desired but this last visit here will be my last!!! When I pulled the blankets back I founds black curly PUBIC hairs in the sheets as well as what appeared to be clippings of either finger nail or toe nails in the bed.....when I called down to the desk at 10 pm I was told to come down to the desk and pick up new linens so I could make up my own bed rather than offer to move me to a different room. When I left a message for the general manager to call me the next day at 7 a.m. I had not received a call back by 3 pm so I called back. I was told that he had my number and was "just fixing to call me" and was going to take $25 off my bill. I stated that I was pretty aggravated that I had to change my own bed at 10 PM rather than move me to another room and then I had to call the manager back since he couldn't find the time to call a very disgruntled guest back in 8 hours. I told him to do what ever he felt he needed to do and that as a hotel guest of over 200 nights a year I could find another hotel. It was pretty obvious he had NO concern for a customers issues!!! The night clerk was very apologetic for the issue and stated that she could not come up and change the linen but did not offer to move me to another room. The morning desk clerk said she would pass my complaint to the general manager when he came it, but obviously he didn't care or he would have taken care of the issue the first thing rather than waiting on the customer to call back in.

Room Tip: Check your bed before you get in it!!!! Wish I had taken photos of the pubic hairs in the bed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Indy_Fan_Man

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sidney OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very glad we could get a room at Comfort Suites in Elkhart IN. Off the main thruway about a mile. Quiet. Asked for two rooms together and even though reservations said they could not promise, but our request was honored for the two rooms with access to both rooms even though we were the last ones to check in that night. Price was reasonable for a high attendance weekend. Easy access to Notre Dame, about 25 mins. Very clean, spacious. Nice large eating area. Great breakfast bagels and all kinds of breads. Yogurt, scrambled eggs, large sausages, waffles, juice. Wonderful! Had bags to go if we had to leave before breakfast. . Even opened early so we could eat before leaving. Beds very comfortable. Would definitely stay there again.
Nicely stacked towels. Cool air. Black out shades which makes sleeping so much easier, Small night light in bathroom, so we did not wake each other during the night! Great!

Room Tip: third floor upstairs was great. Elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank berry500
Jason P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites South, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Comfort Suites South, we strive on creating a great experience for all our guest. Its great to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. We hope to see you one your next visit to Elkhart, IN.
Hershey, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

First stopped at Hilton Garden Inn and was shocked at $149 per night price so went around the corner to the Comfort Suites and not only was it much cheaper at $70 but the room was a large suite. We definitely will return!

Room Tip: Always check around when there are several hotels close by.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeniorTraveller68
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

In the area on business, I found the Comfort Suites at a very good price, and was very happy with my choice. It is a newer property with very clean and well appointed rooms. Better than most Comfort Suites, which are one of my Go-To brands. The fitness room had very nice, very new equipment as well (in fact, you need to update your pictures, as it DOES have weight machine not shown). There aren't any restaurants in the immediate vicinity, but one exit east there are tons.

A snow covered lot at 6pm on a day it had stopped snowing hours before was my only real problem, but the staff was incredibly apologetic, and did have the entrance cleared and salted.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Otowners
Jason P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites South, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites Elkhart South on your past buisness trip. We appreciate you taking your time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We are currently renovating our fitness center, lobby, and breakfast areas. Im sure on your next visit to elkhart you will see even more impovement to the already great services we provide. Once again thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel, and hope we can accomodate you on your next visit.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Found this hotel on our way to Colorado. We were looking for a hotel in one of those coupon books you get at the rest areas, but didn't find it and decided to stay here. Glad we did, one of the best hotels we've stayed at in a long time. The front desk was very friendly and efficient. The room was a good size with all the amenities you look for and extremely clean. You almost thought it was a new hotel. The rate was very reasonable, you didn't feel over priced. Worth every penny. Would stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Smith River
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

After two nights of bad Quality Inns, this was a welcome change. Beautiful room, large, with couch and coffee table, two big comfortable beds. Frig and big bathroom. Pleasant area with trees and green around. Very quite and comfortable. Price was reasonable. They should skip the breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Check in was easy and Jason was awesome at the front desk. He helped us with directions to Notre Dame that were very easy. The hotel was very new and very neat and clean. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone that is coming to a home Notre Dame football game.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends