Candlewood Suites Elkhart
Great 4.5/5
Fairway Inn(Elkhart)
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsfull kitchenother hotelswould stay here againpet friendly hotelsfront deskgood nights sleeproom was cleancracker barreldishwasherkitchenettesinksheetscatindianahousekeepingpets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We are staying at Candlewood Suites in Elkhart Indiana for 1 month . The Hotel exceeds our expectations. It is owner ran and owner worked. This makes all the difference in the world. The one bedroom suite is spacious and ideal for business. It is spotlessly kept in the rooms and all the corridors. Housekeeping is once a week and she did a great job. It has a free fitness and laundry area. While were working out we do our laundry. It is located right off the toll road which is great. Also it has at least 15 restaurants within 3-5 minutes and a movie thetare. Also Walgreens Kmart and Walmart are the same distance as the restaurants. So many conveniences. we are really happy we chose to spend our time here at the Candlewood Suites..

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Gail J, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2014

Wow! We appreciate you taking the time to shower us with praise! Thank you! I'm glad you had a great month stay with our extended stay hotel and that it exceeded your expectations.

Please come and stay with again should the need arise!
Warmest Regards,

The team at Candlewood Suites

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were able to stay here on IHG point breaks and it was a great steal. The front desk check in process was one of the best I've ever had; the night manager couldn't have been any more helpful. The place looks like it was recently redone and had a locker where you could borrow some essentials for cooking (not that they would really be needed since there is a full kitchen). The room was clean and well appointed. The only thing I noticed was that the pipes knocked early in the morning (someone nearby showering) and the water pressure in our room seemed to be low. Definitely a place that I would stay in again on my travels.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Gail J, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2014

Dear Guest,
That is awesome you were able to stay on IHG point breaks! Thank you for your loyalty and for acknowledging the front desk check in process. They do a very good job! I'm glad you enjoyed how clean our property is and the locker.

All and all it sounds like you had a great stay. Sorry for the issue with your morning shower. We are happy you would stay again on your travels.

All the Best,
The team at Candlewood Suites

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I be here for business, and everytime I'm in the area I will stay at Candlewood Suites Elkhart, the staff is amazing, and the rooms are great. I love the atmosphere and it just keeps getting better. If you're looking for a clean, nice, reasonable price Candlewood Suites is the hotel for you. When I arrive to the hotel, the owner himself would greet me and hold a conversation with me. You can tell the staff and the owners gets along very well. You will not be disappointed if you stay here. I just wish I could stay more often, but I will give the hotel and the people 2 thumbs up!

Room Tip: No pool but I'm not here long enough for pool use.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
DOS46514, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for your excellent review. Appreciate all of our guests and do our very best to ensure that we have done all that can be done to ensure that the stay is an enjoyable one. Repeat business is the backbone of every hotel, and one way to ensure it, is top rated guest services. Please return again soon.
Sincerely, DOS

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Our room was very nice, clean and in good shape. The property seemed clean and the staff person who checked us in was very nice. So why not a very good or excellent rating? The other guests. Unlike another reviewer, it was clear to me some of the people had been staying here for quite a while, and considered it home. There was an all-night poker game going on down the hall--with the door open so people could come and go. There were people outside smoking until all hours. If you are looking for value, cleanliness, and don't have kids, this is probably a good choice. But if you are expecting a little bit classier suite hotel for your money, this probably isn't it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SonofAslan
DOS46514, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

We thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites Elkhart IN. Reasons vary why guest have a need for hotel lodging. Some are looking to get out for a bit of rest, others travel for business. Still others depend on extended stay hotels as they are away from home working on long term projects. Consider building a bridge or other massive projects that take considerable planning, timing, and execution. Regardless, we attempt to meet or exceed each guests expectations. The first course of action is to notify the staff as they are trained to deal with various circumstances as they arise. We hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Years ago (don't remember which) I had stayed at this hotel, it was nice no complaints other than the girl at the front desk did not know what county the hotel was in when there was tornado's in the area. Fast forward to 2013, stayed here since there were no rooms anywhere because of RV week in Elkhart (not the reason for my visit). Front desk person was great, looks like from what I remember the hotel rooms and halls were updated, rooms very nice. Bed was comfortable, Internet was good as well. I was on 3rd floor, but some other people staying there who were on the 2nd and 1st said that you can hear people walking around above you. This hotel is walking distance to an Applebee's but right now the road over the highway are other places to eat so very convenient. If you like IHG priority club type places, this hotel is a good choice and usually less money than the Holiday Inn Express next door.

Room Tip: One thing to remember, being an extended stay is that you will not have maid service every day like you may be use too, this is not a big deal in my opinion. You can always get more bathroom towels and washcloths at any time.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
DOS46514, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Inn & Suites. It is a pleasure to serve our guests and clients with the higest degree of professionalism, while providing a relaxed environment. Please vistit us again soon.