“EveryTime its Amazing”

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Perrysburg, Ohio
“EveryTime its Amazing”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I be here for business, and everytime I'm in the area I will stay at Candlewood Suites Elkhart, the staff is amazing, and the rooms are great. I love the atmosphere and it just keeps getting better. If you're looking for a clean, nice, reasonable price Candlewood Suites is the hotel for you. When I arrive to the hotel, the owner himself would greet me and hold a conversation with me. You can tell the staff and the owners gets along very well. You will not be disappointed if you stay here. I just wish I could stay more often, but I will give the hotel and the people 2 thumbs up!

Room Tip: No pool but I'm not here long enough for pool use.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DOS46514, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Elkhart, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your excellent review. Appreciate all of our guests and do our very best to ensure that we have done all that can be done to ensure that the stay is an enjoyable one. Repeat business is the backbone of every hotel, and one way to ensure it, is top rated guest services. Please return again soon.
Sincerely, DOS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Our room was very nice, clean and in good shape. The property seemed clean and the staff person who checked us in was very nice. So why not a very good or excellent rating? The other guests. Unlike another reviewer, it was clear to me some of the people had been staying here for quite a while, and considered it home. There was an all-night poker game going on down the hall--with the door open so people could come and go. There were people outside smoking until all hours. If you are looking for value, cleanliness, and don't have kids, this is probably a good choice. But if you are expecting a little bit classier suite hotel for your money, this probably isn't it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SonofAslan
DOS46514, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Elkhart, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
We thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites Elkhart IN. Reasons vary why guest have a need for hotel lodging. Some are looking to get out for a bit of rest, others travel for business. Still others depend on extended stay hotels as they are away from home working on long term projects. Consider building a bridge or other massive projects that take considerable planning, timing, and execution. Regardless, we attempt to meet or exceed each guests expectations. The first course of action is to notify the staff as they are trained to deal with various circumstances as they arise. We hope that you will return soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Years ago (don't remember which) I had stayed at this hotel, it was nice no complaints other than the girl at the front desk did not know what county the hotel was in when there was tornado's in the area. Fast forward to 2013, stayed here since there were no rooms anywhere because of RV week in Elkhart (not the reason for my visit). Front desk person was great, looks like from what I remember the hotel rooms and halls were updated, rooms very nice. Bed was comfortable, Internet was good as well. I was on 3rd floor, but some other people staying there who were on the 2nd and 1st said that you can hear people walking around above you. This hotel is walking distance to an Applebee's but right now the road over the highway are other places to eat so very convenient. If you like IHG priority club type places, this hotel is a good choice and usually less money than the Holiday Inn Express next door.

Room Tip: One thing to remember, being an extended stay is that you will not have maid service every day like...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DOS46514, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Elkhart, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Inn & Suites. It is a pleasure to serve our guests and clients with the higest degree of professionalism, while providing a relaxed environment. Please vistit us again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Candlewood Suites operate on a limited service basis but this property is so great!!

My wonderful over achieving daughter started Notre Dame this week. I chose the Candlewood Suites to get a better price than the jacked up prices in South Bend; I was right. The Elkhart Candlewood is such an incredible deal:

The Good

Very clean rooms and well appointed - furnishings are pristine
Nice location next to interstate
Lots of Resturant options close by with a number of discount coupons in the lobby; my favorite is Callahan's
Beautiful workout room and guest laundry
Great clerks - especially Rob, the evening clerk
Nice, safe area

The Bad -

NOTHING

I'm an Auditor by profession so I am a critical thinker but I can find no fault with this property; honestly if you had a bad experience I don't see how it was possible. One of the main reasons revolves around the owner. He is an older, upbeat, jovial sort that openly jokes with his employees and has an easy smile. I observed him folding sheets with his clerks while they laughed and made comic noise; truly this place has a positive aura that permeates!

The Hotel is nestled among several cookie cutter type properties that all look alike but with the kitchen and full size refrigerator its hard for me to imagine anything better.

For Notre Dame parents its less than 14 minutes from the campus via interstate and its half the price of South Bend. Its so quick and easy to go back and forth its just not worth the extra money.

Go Irish, even if you will get punked by Alabama

Room Tip: The two beds offer the same amount of unused space as a king
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
In speaking with well traveled sales reps, they say that Elkhart is the happening place along the 80-90 toll road. If one is traveling from the east, Ekhart is the first stop along the way to offer the incredible restaurants, great hospitality, sports, and leisure functions.
Thank you for taking the time to honor us with a five star review!
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were meeting our brother for a get together and was having a hard time finding a decent motel. We looked at reviews and they were bad. We found the Candlewood and thought it looked very expensive. My brother called and got a good rate. When we got there we were totally
surprised with everything. This is by far the nicest place we have ever stayed in. They have a fully stocked kitchen in every room with high end pots skillets, dishes, silverware, lg. refrigerator,stove,cupboards,dvd player,large closet and nice bathroom. Outside there is a covered place were you can sit with tables and chairs and 3 grills with charcoal and lighter. Also,
there is a computer room. They have everything but a pool which we didn't need. The price for all this was unbelievable .We will stay there again!!!!

Room Tip: Our room was at the end and we didn't hear any noise. They also have rooms for the handicapped.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Harleymama68
It's truly a pleasure to be in the hospitality arena. We value our guests and are humbled that we were chosen to be your host hotel. We hope that you will return to say hello soon. Sincerely,
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I wanted to comment on the superior service offered to me at the Candlewood Suites in Elkhart, In. First, the rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are very confortable. And lastly, the guess service representatives were very helpful and accommodating. I would recommend staying at the Candlewood Suites in Elkhart, Inc. A very fine experience. Ms. Rene N. May 3, 2013.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Candlewood-Elkhart, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elkhart, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
We really appreciate the kind words. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us!
Columbus, GA
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We only stay at Candlewoods when traveling with our dogs, and this is one of the best. We stay here every time we visit my husband's family in Elkhart/Goshen, and we always know we'll get a great, comfy and convenient room. Updated rooms, and so clean that it feels almost like home. This is a very, very well-managed Candlewood!

This time we're here for Christmas, and my husband caught a bad flu from his relatives, so we have ended up spending a lot more time at the hotel than anticipated. The niceness of this hotel has made a bad experience much less unpleasant. The stove makes it easy to cook soup, and the bed is super comfy. The huge selection of TV channels gives us something to do. The staff is very friendly and professional! Great place.

Room Tip: If you travel with pets, pick the first floor for easy access to dog walking area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AllieTraveler
We are so glad that you consider us like home!

Thank you for such a great review and we look forward to seeing you again!