“Not just for extended stay's”

Candlewood Suites Elkhart
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Years ago (don't remember which) I had stayed at this hotel, it was nice no complaints other than the girl at the front desk did not know what county the hotel was in when there was tornado's in the area. Fast forward to 2013, stayed here since there were no rooms anywhere because of RV week in Elkhart (not the reason for my visit). Front desk person was great, looks like from what I remember the hotel rooms and halls were updated, rooms very nice. Bed was comfortable, Internet was good as well. I was on 3rd floor, but some other people staying there who were on the 2nd and 1st said that you can hear people walking around above you. This hotel is walking distance to an Applebee's but right now the road over the highway are other places to eat so very convenient. If you like IHG priority club type places, this hotel is a good choice and usually less money than the Holiday Inn Express next door.

Room Tip: One thing to remember, being an extended stay is that you will not have maid service every day like...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
DOS46514, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Inn & Suites. It is a pleasure to serve our guests and clients with the higest degree of professionalism, while providing a relaxed environment. Please vistit us again soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Candlewood Suites operate on a limited service basis but this property is so great!!

My wonderful over achieving daughter started Notre Dame this week. I chose the Candlewood Suites to get a better price than the jacked up prices in South Bend; I was right. The Elkhart Candlewood is such an incredible deal:

The Good

Very clean rooms and well appointed - furnishings are pristine
Nice location next to interstate
Lots of Resturant options close by with a number of discount coupons in the lobby; my favorite is Callahan's
Beautiful workout room and guest laundry
Great clerks - especially Rob, the evening clerk
Nice, safe area

The Bad -

NOTHING

I'm an Auditor by profession so I am a critical thinker but I can find no fault with this property; honestly if you had a bad experience I don't see how it was possible. One of the main reasons revolves around the owner. He is an older, upbeat, jovial sort that openly jokes with his employees and has an easy smile. I observed him folding sheets with his clerks while they laughed and made comic noise; truly this place has a positive aura that permeates!

The Hotel is nestled among several cookie cutter type properties that all look alike but with the kitchen and full size refrigerator its hard for me to imagine anything better.

For Notre Dame parents its less than 14 minutes from the campus via interstate and its half the price of South Bend. Its so quick and easy to go back and forth its just not worth the extra money.

Go Irish, even if you will get punked by Alabama

Room Tip: The two beds offer the same amount of unused space as a king
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

In speaking with well traveled sales reps, they say that Elkhart is the happening place along the 80-90 toll road. If one is traveling from the east, Ekhart is the first stop along the way to offer the incredible restaurants, great hospitality, sports, and leisure functions.
Thank you for taking the time to honor us with a five star review!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were meeting our brother for a get together and was having a hard time finding a decent motel. We looked at reviews and they were bad. We found the Candlewood and thought it looked very expensive. My brother called and got a good rate. When we got there we were totally
surprised with everything. This is by far the nicest place we have ever stayed in. They have a fully stocked kitchen in every room with high end pots skillets, dishes, silverware, lg. refrigerator,stove,cupboards,dvd player,large closet and nice bathroom. Outside there is a covered place were you can sit with tables and chairs and 3 grills with charcoal and lighter. Also,
there is a computer room. They have everything but a pool which we didn't need. The price for all this was unbelievable .We will stay there again!!!!

Room Tip: Our room was at the end and we didn't hear any noise. They also have rooms for the handicapped.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Harleymama68

It's truly a pleasure to be in the hospitality arena. We value our guests and are humbled that we were chosen to be your host hotel. We hope that you will return to say hello soon. Sincerely,

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I wanted to comment on the superior service offered to me at the Candlewood Suites in Elkhart, In. First, the rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are very confortable. And lastly, the guess service representatives were very helpful and accommodating. I would recommend staying at the Candlewood Suites in Elkhart, Inc. A very fine experience. Ms. Rene N. May 3, 2013.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Candlewood-Elkhart, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

We really appreciate the kind words. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We only stay at Candlewoods when traveling with our dogs, and this is one of the best. We stay here every time we visit my husband's family in Elkhart/Goshen, and we always know we'll get a great, comfy and convenient room. Updated rooms, and so clean that it feels almost like home. This is a very, very well-managed Candlewood!

This time we're here for Christmas, and my husband caught a bad flu from his relatives, so we have ended up spending a lot more time at the hotel than anticipated. The niceness of this hotel has made a bad experience much less unpleasant. The stove makes it easy to cook soup, and the bed is super comfy. The huge selection of TV channels gives us something to do. The staff is very friendly and professional! Great place.

Room Tip: If you travel with pets, pick the first floor for easy access to dog walking area.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AllieTraveler

We are so glad that you consider us like home!

Thank you for such a great review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I was totally pleased with every aspect of our 4 day stay. Clean, comfy, roomy, friendly, large exercise room and my favorite, free laundry! Our dogs were treated with respect and they had a lovely dog walk area. We enjoyed grilling steaks on the gas grill under the gazebo. We had a lovely time considering we were here due to a stressful stituation.

• Stayed: September 2012
Candlewood-Elkhart, Manager at Candlewood Suites Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you we really appreciate your review

Reviewed July 26, 2012

On a 100 degree day, there is nothing more welcoming than entering a room whose air conditioner was not turned on. The mass amount of humidity in the room took a while to leave. More disturbing was the awful mildew smell that came from each towel in the bathroom (perhaps a result of the AC not running?). I had to clean myself with paper towels. The sheets were also very heavy on the starch... first time I can recall being unable to sleep on Candlewood sheets.

I was equally annoyed that my only online request was ignored... a room on the top floor. I know that many of the newer Candlewoods have awful sound proofing, and here too, every single foot step is felt on the 2nd floor. The room actually vibrates. I checked in right away at 3pm and the check in girl did not even bother to look citing "We're sold out." Not true either, as rooms were still available online.

On a positive, I liked having the exhaust fan in the kitchen for a little white noise. Other than that, just as I was never even welcomed as a Priority Club platinum member, I really don't think I will acknowledge this property again.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, though you will probably be ignored too
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LEGGROOM
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear LEGGROOM,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us! We appreciate you being a loyal Platinum Priority Club member and are honored that you chose our hotel. I am pleased you liked the exhaust fan in the kitchen. We are hospitality professionals who are committed to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. However, it is disappointing to know you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regrettable you were not satisfied with the room accommodations, condition of the amenities and service you received from our staff. I assure you that the valuable comments you've shared will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer. Again, my apologies for any inconvenience pr discomfort.

We appreciate your loyalty and we hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N