“Infested with bugs”

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Pamplona, Spain
“Infested with bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at this property on Nov. 6 of this year and if I hadn't arrived late in the evening and had to be up early for a meeting, I would have immediately left upon seeing the number of bugs on the ceiling. They appeared to be crawling out of the curtains and/or air conditioning unit. The condition of the bathroom was also extremely poor and the ceiling fan was falling off of the ceiling. I will stay away from this property in the future and think twice about ever staying at a Holiday Inn property in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BDYBRNA
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkhart-South, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear BDYBRNA,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my sincerest apology for the experience you had with your room accommodations during your stay. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
beaufort, sc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Great accommodations, comfortable beds, professional and friendly staff, good location. Enjoyed the breakfast and common areas, and indoor swimming pool. Thanks for the upgrade, we appreciate your kindness!

• Stayed October 2012
HotelStaff001, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkhart-South, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next stay.
Woodstock, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed the evening of 9/15/2012. Nice facility and nice room. Internet access easily available. Typical Holiday Inn room, nice but nothing memorable. However; the breakfast is exceptionally nice as it included scrambled eggs and bacon, something you typically don't see. Also have the cinnamon rolls and a pancake machine. They have an indoor pool.

Room Tip: It is always to your benefit to request a room away from ice machines and elevators.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy R
HotelStaff001, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkhart-South, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again. Safe travels and have a great day!
KANATA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I attended the Notre Dame vs Michigan game this weekend. It would have been nice to stay right in South Bend but the rates for the hotels in South Bend were double the price I paid in Elkhart which was only about 30 mins from the campus. The hotel was new and very clean. They offered all the regular Holiday Inn Express features but also included tons of info for football fans to help them get the most out of their visit to the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here on our way to New Jersey. Our room was nice. We basically just slept there and it served our purpose well. The breakfast was typical HIE breakfast. That is the one thing they need to change up a bit.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This trip was for an emergency visit of my grandparents whose health was not doing too good. So, we wanted somewhere we could stay and be comfortable. First of all, the front staff were very nice and accommodating. They even helped us out with a much needed bottle opener! The breakfast was pretty good. Our only complaints were that the mattress was hard as a rock and the sheets had a stain on them, but the front staff gave me fresh sheets. And each morning what seemed to be a manager kept loudly complaing out in the dining room in front of everyone about the pancake machine, on and on and on...... We thought the automatic pancake maker was pretty cool actually. Other than that, it was good. Nice and clean and good A/C. Well located off the main road 19, so easy to find.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I reserved two suites at the hotel for a family wedding for 3 nights. When we checked in, we were informed that we had three reservations. When I said that was a mistake, I was told "too bad, you're already been charged". We were never able to make personal contact with the manager. When I got home, I finally talked to the manager (Tammy) on the phone and she said the same thing. She claimed it was a corporate issue. I called Holiday Inn and the passed the buck back to the local hotel. HI charged me an extra $551.34. I am currently disputing the charge with American Express. Holiday Inn's lack of care for me as a 15 year Priority Club member absolutely shocked me. When my points are used up, we'l be staying at Marriotts.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank WallyMHouston_Texas
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkhart-South, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear WallyMHouston_Texas,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Elkhart hotels