“Our "go to" place”

MilesLab Burger Bar
Ranked #17 of 191 Restaurants in Elkhart
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Our "go to" place”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This place is always welcoming and friendly. Even when we first started going, we could tell this was "our place". Yes, you have to wait. (Get a beer). Yes the entryway is awful. (Make a friend). But you'll be happy with the menu and even happier with the specials. And you'll be smiling when you leave.

• Visited July 2014

Galien
“Great Burgers and Onion Rings”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The Lab has a great selection of burgers and very interesting monthly specials (the August special is the Spinach Artichoke burger). I had the Bacon Cheese Burger with Blue cheese on a flat wheat bun. I really appreciate the selection of buns as I don't eat that much bread. Great burger, nice and juicy. The meat was very flavorful. You can add a lot of different toppings. My husband added egg and avocado to his. The onion rings were some of the best I have ever had. Very friend wait staff. We took our 11 year old daughter and she enjoyed her chicken tenders (ate all of them which doesn't happen often).

• Visited August 2014
Middlebury, Indiana
“Went on a friends recommendation- was not disappointed.”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife and I are always open to new dining venues. A co-worker recommended The Lab's burgers and wide selection of beers on draft. So we gave it a try on a Wed. evening. First we were surprised when we arrived that the parking lot was nearly full and we found one vacant spot and pulled in. Seat your self dining worked out after about a 10 min wait for someone else to leave. It was worth the wait. When ordering I asked what type of beers they had on tap. Our waitress, Tori, stated " it would be easier for you to look at the chalkboard behind you since there were so many." She was not kidding. They had at least 12 beers on tap. When I saw they had Shiner Bock on tap the selection process ended.:) . The burgers were good. The beers was great, unfortunately it left no room for deserts. We will have to come back for the deserts because everyone was raving about their "in house" preparation on their desert selection. For you freshwater fish lovers, you may wish to try their Walleye dinner. I did not have it this time but Tori, our waitress stated," I have not tried the Walleye but a ton of people have ordered it and all seem very pleased with their selection." The price seemed fair for a Walleye dinner, $18.00. I will give it a try the next time. Tori stated that The Lab always tries to have at least 12 beers on tap. Some are standard and three or four are changed up to give people a little variety. Not sure about the taste of a certain draft? Tori provided a small sampler of a beer I was interested in. My wife and I both liked the food. It was worth the small wait and Tori made the dining experience fun. We will be back.

• Visited April 2014
South Bend, Indiana
“Average at best”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Not sure what all the fuss is about with this place. Atmosphere was pretty cool in the bar area but food wasn't as good as I had hoped after hearing about the burgers from friends. I've had better burgers at Steak N' Shake.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank chichiboy
Edwardsburg, Michigan
“Best Burger”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I were in the mood for a good burger, but we also wanted to try somewhere new. The reviews for Miles Lab looked really good. And they were so right! Our burgers were so good, served on a perfect ciabatta bun. The beer selection is great. We also ordered a desert to go when I realized they were house made. It was a carrot cake with a layer of cheesecake in the middle and absolutely delightful. Of course the night would not have been such a success without the friendly efficient service of our waitress. I know I'll be back and I recommend this place to anyone who loves good food.

• Visited December 2013