“Went on a friends recommendation- was not disappointed.”

MilesLab Burger Bar
Ranked #15 of 191 Restaurants in Elkhart
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife and I are always open to new dining venues. A co-worker recommended The Lab's burgers and wide selection of beers on draft. So we gave it a try on a Wed. evening. First we were surprised when we arrived that the parking lot was nearly full and we found one vacant spot and pulled in. Seat your self dining worked out after about a 10 min wait for someone else to leave. It was worth the wait. When ordering I asked what type of beers they had on tap. Our waitress, Tori, stated " it would be easier for you to look at the chalkboard behind you since there were so many." She was not kidding. They had at least 12 beers on tap. When I saw they had Shiner Bock on tap the selection process ended.:) . The burgers were good. The beers was great, unfortunately it left no room for deserts. We will have to come back for the deserts because everyone was raving about their "in house" preparation on their desert selection. For you freshwater fish lovers, you may wish to try their Walleye dinner. I did not have it this time but Tori, our waitress stated," I have not tried the Walleye but a ton of people have ordered it and all seem very pleased with their selection." The price seemed fair for a Walleye dinner, $18.00. I will give it a try the next time. Tori stated that The Lab always tries to have at least 12 beers on tap. Some are standard and three or four are changed up to give people a little variety. Not sure about the taste of a certain draft? Tori provided a small sampler of a beer I was interested in. My wife and I both liked the food. It was worth the small wait and Tori made the dining experience fun. We will be back.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Not sure what all the fuss is about with this place. Atmosphere was pretty cool in the bar area but food wasn't as good as I had hoped after hearing about the burgers from friends. I've had better burgers at Steak N' Shake.

3  Thank chichiboy
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I were in the mood for a good burger, but we also wanted to try somewhere new. The reviews for Miles Lab looked really good. And they were so right! Our burgers were so good, served on a perfect ciabatta bun. The beer selection is great. We also ordered a desert to go when I realized they were house made. It was a carrot cake with a layer of cheesecake in the middle and absolutely delightful. Of course the night would not have been such a success without the friendly efficient service of our waitress. I know I'll be back and I recommend this place to anyone who loves good food.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I saw the good reviews online before a business trip brought us through Elkhart. I always like to try out the unique places and this one seemed perfect. My colleague agreed to take my suggestion and he was happy he did.

We arrived for a late dinner on a Weds evening and the dining room was fairly full. We found one of 2 empty tables and waited to put in our order. The service was slow so there was much waiting involved (we waited for menus, to order drinks, for drinks, to order food, for our food, etc.). However, the food was excellent and I would highly recommend it.

We split the soft pretzel and cheese dip app and we both enjoyed it. They make the dip in house and it is fabulous so good it made a reappearance in my entree.

I ordered the Beer Cheese Burger (with cheese dip and grilled onions) as well as a side of fries (hand cut in house). My colleague ordered the Black Jack. We both raved over our meals. Everything was spot on.

Another colleague called as he was arriving in town so we ordered a burger and fries for him to go and even after a 20 min car ride he enjoyed his food as well.

I would certainly recommend this spot to anyone in the area! Excellent, excellent food!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was passing through and visited this place based off of a friends recommendation. He was spot on! I sat at the bar over lunch and ordered the "Beer-cheese Burger" with fries. One of the better burgers I have ever had, and the bartender, Melissa (I think) was quick and very nice

I still had several miles to drive, so unfortunately I could not try one of the several beers they had on tap.

I will be back!