“I stand corrected! And I'm glad.”

Wellfield Botanic Gardens
Ranked #3 of 20 things to do in Elkhart
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I stand corrected! And I'm glad.”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I had posted that there were no day passes available at this park, and that came from speaking to a woman working in the office of the park. She kept insisting to me I had to be a member to enter the park. I thought that was really strange since I was willing to pay a fee for a day pass. Now I find out that indeed for a $5 fee you can enjoy the park without being a member. But your dog does not get a day pass, so don't bring them.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Liz G

Elkhart, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful gardens.”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

It is a lovely place to visit for a walk or an event. Such beautiful plantings and water features. There is an admission fee but I think that there is a free day every week.

1 Thank Brenda M
Indiana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Lovely Gardens with Bright Future”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The gardens are small but lovely. There is a central pond with gardens and smaller waterways along the perimeter. There are many lovely, quiet nooks and plenty of benches. The children's garden is not built yet; however, there are so many wonderful sculptures that my children had fun identifying all the animals represented. I cannot wait to return, and to experience the gardens post-construction. Suggest visiting on a Tuesday, when admission is free.

Visited August 2014
Springfield, Tennessee
552 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 669 helpful votes
“Beautiful and adding new areas”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This gardens is obviously a work in progress. What is here is stunning and the addition of new areas is visible everywhere. If they continue to make each addition as tasteful and stunning as what has already been completed, it will truly be a fantastic place to see in the future. It is worth stopping in and paying the modest fee to see what has already been done. Each section is design to showcase specific plant and themes and it is a joy to see each. I hope to return in the future when they have finished all the areas that are currently under construction.

Greenville, Wisconsin
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“2014 Quilt Gardens and Murals”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stop at the Botanic Gardens or the Visitor Center for a map. It follows the Heritage Trail through 7 towns with either gardens, murals or sites of quilts. Really worth the time. It runs May-October 1.