“Very good hidden jem in Elkhart!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Per Bacco Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #18 of 191 Restaurants in Elkhart
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Indiana
“Very good hidden jem in Elkhart!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Been here a few times with spouse and family. Bruno, the owner, will bend over backward to make sure you are happy. The pasta is home made and the portions are more than anyone could it at one sitting. No time to sit down and eat. Stop in and get carry out next door at the Pizza place next door they also own. Best pies in Elkhart county!!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank sunshineandbiscuit

“Get it together people!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Waitress did not bring our bread and oil to start. She served tables their entree who came in after us before we got our appetizer. We waited till our dinner experience arrived at the hour and a half mark, after constant reassurance that our food was coming, before I went and retrived another waitress to help us. The new waitress discovered that our order was never placed with the kitchen! Our first waitress was no where to be found at this point. Later discovered she went to lunch. (must have been nice to get something to eat unlike her customers) We did get soup then. It was delicious. The owner compensated our drink bill, appetizer, and soup for us. But I was to frustrated to reorder an entree.

Osceola, Indiana
“A nice find. Great soup.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

This little Italian restaurant is definitely tucked away. I go by it fairly often and each time I’m reminded that I want to stop in there sometime, but “out of sight, out of mind” and they don’t do a very good job of promotion…never saw an ad or Groupon. But recently, looking for a place to have Friday night dinner on our way to someplace else, I happened to think of PerBacco. It was on the way, and we enjoy trying places new to us. – First impression, darn good. Nice white cloth table coverings. Unexpectedly pleasant interior. Prompt and pleasant greeting. Wine came quickly. The bread was very good; Italian Wedding soup had lots of meatballs and was outstanding (a bowl of this soup and the terrific bread could have easily been a great meal). Bread and soup came quickly but our pizza and sandwich took forever. When it arrived, the Italian sandwich was tasty. The Margarita pizza was fantastic…really good (be aware that it has no tomato sauce). We heard people at the table next to us raving about the grouper. We’ll have to go back and try it…the butternut squash ravioli, too. I like that they have sandwiches, pizzas and very nice house-made full-meal entrees. Cons? I like Margarita pizza and often order it for dinner. This time, I thought I’d try the regular crust instead of thin and was charged $2 more than the menu price. That’s not a big deal but I would have appreciated the courtesy of being advised before being charged. Also, the pizza toppings were 2” from the edge of the crust. I loved the crust – it was a great tasting pizza – but a pizza is better with toppings. It would have been nice for one of the owners to make a brief appearance in the dining room just to make a friendly “connection” with their customers. - Bottom line, we enjoyed our meals and our visit and we’ll be back to try something else…if they come to mind. If you’re inclined to have a meal here, and can find it, do it.

• Visited March 2012