“Second home”

Red Roof Inn - Elkhart
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The Red Roof in Elkhart just about really is my home away from home. I leave Florida usually around the end of January, when I`m not pulling trailers, I`m at the Red Roof Inn. Stay there till I go home for Christmas. I`ve been doing this for about two and a half yrs. The staff, all of them, are great. I wont fib the building is an older one, BUT ! it has been remodeled inside and out, the only way they will get me to leave here is to run me off with a stick. I never consider another motel in Elkhart. Charlie Kenneday

Room Tip: I like the rear upstairs. Rear parking lot is larger.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Charles K
RRI_GM_0018, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thanks Charlie,
This is your second home and we think of you as family!!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stay here often (at least once or twice a month) and Amy at the front desk is really awesome. Love to joke around with her. When we have to stay longer than expected the staff brings towels and etc. to us immediately. They have fantastic service and rooms are always nice and clean. I am disabled and they always have a room for us on the lower level and fortunately we get the same room all the time. Would recommend the place to anyone. Reasonable and very nice place to stay. Only draw back is slow internet.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank lynnd1949
RRI_GM_0018, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear llynd1949

Thank you very much, Amy does have a great sense of humor and I'm glad she entertains you, We love having you as our guest and can't wait to see you again

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this Red Roof numerous times over the past two years. In every case the staff has been courteous and helpful and the rooms have been clean and comfortable. This is one place where the manager and staff really work at making your stay enjoyable.
We have no problem recommending this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Cmackay03

Dear cmackay03,

What nice things you said... Thanks. We really appreciate your loyalty and hope to have you back with us many many more times for years to come.

Looking forward to seeing you the next time you stay.

Thanks

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I love the Red Roof Elkhart...Shannon is the sweetest, friendliest employee ever. She always makes me feel so welcome and that's a wonderful feeling after being away from home (GA) for a month or longer. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to stay here. Comfortable, clean, updated EVERYTHING, truck parking, close to great restaurants and walmart, laundry facilities....just great. Thank you guys! See you soon!
-Destiny

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DestinyC85
RRI_GM_0018, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Destiny,

Thank You for the great review. I agree Shannon is a rock star! We are very that you are a regular here and look forward to the next time you are in town.

General Manager Red Roof Inn

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was a great stop on a trip from Buffalo to Minneapolis. I was staying with a free night and hotel staff upgraded me for free because I was a loyal RediCard member. The staff was very nice and polite. Room was spacious with a newer TV.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Todd O

Dear Todd O.
Thank you for you kind words, we are so very glad we made you happy. I hope you will stop and see us again the next time you are in the area.

Thanks Again
General Manager Red Roof Inn

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I travel regularly through Elkhart, Indiana as I work for Ford Chicago Assembly Plant ,but on January 5, I had almost difficult and discouraging drive coming in . There was a very bad snow storm and against my better judgement I decided to attempt to brave the elements . After traveling for over 4 hours my mother and father convinced me to stop . I didn't want to because I was so determined to make it to Chicago and I wouldn't be at home during all the terrible weather . Since I had no choice I-80 had now been closed and the state was in emergency status I decided to go to Redroofinn which is where I stay in Chicago. I got stuck pulling in and I'm thinking just my luck ! When here come these two brave souls ( thanks whoever you were again ) out in the cold and they pushed me in I thanked them ever greatful and they told me no problem get out of the cold I'm still wondering if they heeded their own advice . I pulled in to the only spot available it was handicap so I thought they were going to be full . I was greeted by Amy who was courteous, polite and helpful . They had one room left and I took it of course. I grabbed what I could out of my car and ran for refuge . As soon as I opened my door I felt this burst of heat and felt at home already . I was very impressed with the room, clean and very comfortable it made being stranded very easy.
I will pass the word to people I know and now have another favorite in Elkhart besides Cracker Barrel . KUDOS to you and thanks.

Room Tip: Call ahead for a Superior King room
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Angela B
RRI_GM_0018, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear Angela B.,
Thank You so much for the kind words. I am so glad we made you feel like your were at home. Please stop and see us again when the weather is nicer and you are a little more relaxed.

Red Roof Inn Elkhart, IN

Reviewed December 21, 2013

This newly remodeled motel is a great place to stay. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. I have been staying off and on at this motel for about 7 years. Never, ever had a bad experience The motel has laundry facilities and great restaurants close by.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dennishs2014
RRI_GM_0018, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Dennishs,
Thanks for the great review. I am glad you like the new look and we are soooo excited to be getting it done. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again and again and again>

Red Roof Inn Elkhart