“Great Unassuming Restaurant!”

523 Tap and Grill
Ranked #12 of 191 Restaurants in Elkhart
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bistro fare with a Mediterranean flair. Perfect for a quiet lunch, evening out, group dinner or a nice nightcap. Delicious martinis, craft and mainstream beers on tap and an extensive wine list help to enhance your dining experience. Allow us to be your Perfect 10 for dinner, drinks and dessert!
Reviewed April 10, 2013

A business associate and I ate there on April 9, 2013 based on the other reviews on TripAdvisor and were VERY impressed!
The waitress was very friendly and welcoming. She knew details about the various specials and regular dishes as well as the variety of draft beers on tap.

The food was delicious, hot, and served in a very appealing manner. They have a vast selection of draft beers for only $4 a pint!

The decor is modern, but inviting and warm. Many business type people were there even though the restaurant is around some vacant buildings in downtown Elkhart. Don't let this sway you from enjoying this little gem.

Overall...I will be returning with other colleagues very soon!

1  Thank JWA18854

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Myself, my husband, and daughter ate there on a Saturday night. The place was packed due to a show at The Lerner but we were seated very quickly. We ordered Tyropita for an appetizer and found it very flaky and delicious. I ordered Tilapia Escabeche with coconut risiotto, my husband ordered Eggplant Parmesan, and our daughter Mahi Mahi we enjoyed everything and will definitely go back.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

On a business trip to Elkhart IN our business partner took us to this place. Relatively unassuming from the outside, very crisp and cool on the inside. None of us had been there before. We ordered the mushroom fondue with crostini's for dipping...outstanding. I could have licked the plate clean. The calamari was just ok, nothing to rave about. I ordered the NY Strip steak with the blue cheese risotto. I eat out quite a bit and I would have to say this was in the top 5 steaks I've ever had...ever. My co-workers got a rib-eye and the other a sirloin. All of us were raving about our meal. The sirloin was gorgeous...kind of a weird thing to say about meat, but I'm not kidding, it was pretty. I thought the blue cheese risotto was great, my co-worker thought it was a little too much for him. We drank Hoegaarden beers and there was a great selection of adult beverages. I was honestly stuffed from dinner but since it was so good, I was curious about desert. I had the chocolate lava cake and it was pretty good. The seasonal fruit crisp was a better...I was trying to trade my co-worker for his. Service was outstanding and friendly. My drink never got below half full. I thought the prices were very reasonable and I will definitely be going there again when I'm back in town. Highly recommend this place.

2  Thank Heinrichcj
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The cuisine seems to be something like Mediteranean or Greek but whatever it is, it is good. I had a Rib Eye steak which was $32... maybe kind of high priced but service was good and the atmosphere was good if you dont mind the clientele showing up in baseball caps but I guess that is the local culture.

Our wait person was excellent, knew the drinks and the intricacies of the dishes and was able to suggest things that everyone liked. It is expensive but if you dont mind paying more for a good place once in a while, then go for it.

1  Thank bgkrider
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I ordered the "awesome" according to the waitress 523 Salad. I received a plate of white iceberg lettuce, including the core (none of the outer, greener stuff), a few cranberries and nuts. For $3 extra I received less than 2 oz of chicken. With a less than average balsalmic vinagrette. For $13! Are you kidding me? Unfortunately not. You can buy a bag of pre cut romaine for $2.50 at the local grocery store.

But service was very good. But as my uncle used to say, "You can't eat the atmosphere or the service".

2  Thank mylomonkey