All reviews studio suite full size fridge ice maker front desk indoor pool movie theater light dinner evening reception michigan state an extended stay steak and shake stove top road trip next morning fitness room free breakfast excellent breakfast
Reviewed September 10, 2018

The family stayed 2 nights here and are already looking forward to our next stay. We had a 2 bed suite with full kitchen. They stock the dishes and cookware for you to use, full size fridge, microwave, stove top, coffee maker, and dishwasher are all available. The room was really clean and comfortable. My daughter loved the heated pool and I loved the fitness room. The also have a pretty good breakfast in the mornings and lovely area outside to play with basketball/tennis courts and seating area to just relax. They also have a business center with computers and printers and a do it yourself laundry that we did not use on this visit. There is also a movie theater area if you want to watch a movie there. Also, they have a small book and dvd library that you can rent from during your stay to read or watch back in your room. Every employee we encountered always had a friendly smile and was very courteous. This was our first stay but definitely not our last.

Room tip: Suites are large and roomy and corners or end of hall are best for privacy
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Megan C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Elkhart North, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Hello Malynda,

Thank you so much for your great review! I am so pleased to hear that the hotel provided you with entertainment and comfort for the whole family. Also, I am pleased that all employees greeted you with a smile. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to serving you all in the future!

Reviewed September 6, 2018

It was a very nice stay. my only complaint is that we were meeting family members there and I had requested we have rooms near each other. Well, we couldnt have been further apart on the same floor--we were on opposite ends of the hallway. It would have been nicer if we were closer. We would stay there again--do you think they would give us rooms nearer to each other?

Hello DSW-12,

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit with us! I do apologize that we were unable to get your rooms closer but please feel free to reach out to me personally the next time you reserve and I will do my absolute best to get you and your family nearby. Thank you for a great review and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Clean, well positioned in relation to the interstate. Superior breakfast and happy hour. Customer service way beyond expectations. Great pool and available activities on premises. Would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Hello William,

Thank you so much for the great review! I am so pleased to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations and that you found your accommodations to be convenient and clean. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 23, 2018

When using getaroom.com to book hotels, be aware that even though the room rates they quote on this site may sound great, they tack on a ridiculous amount of fees. I never got an emailed confirmation from the site until I filed this complaint, and then they sent it to me. That's when I saw the line labeled Tax Recovery Charges & Service Fees. The total of those charges was an additional 38% above the total for the room alone. In other words, if you exclude a bit for taxes, their Service Fees were an additional 30-35% over the price of the room charge. At that point it's not a bargain at all. And it was a huge hassle just getting to their customer service department: menu options that simply hang up on you; and when I finally got to a human (only by choosing the option for making a new reservation), when they transferred me to customer service I got hung up on another 2 times. I will likely stay at the hotel again, but I will never use getaroom.com again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Elkhart North, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Hello Dan Y,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm glad you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. To avoid the same booking hassle in the future, I suggest you book your reservations with us using our website at www.ihg.com, our mobile app, one of our reservation offices or directly with the hotel. No need to worry about getting the best rate—we guarantee our online rates are the best available to save you the hassle of shopping around. You can take a look at our Best Price Guarantee at http://www.ihg.com/bestprice.

Please come back and create some more good memories with us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 8, 2018

The room was fine and pretty clean. Not enough towels in the bathroom and the toilet was another small and low cheap one that seems to be getting more common.

There was a light bulb burned out in one lamp which shows housekeeping is rushed. We heard numerous dogs yapping and at least one baby crying while we trying to sleep.

The real downer was the breakfast. It was far below what Staybridge usually offers and they ran out of milk at least for a while as no attendant ever showed up while we were eating. We ended up passing up the free breakfast to go to Steak n Shake and paying for breakfast.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Ken R
Navigator814587, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Elkhart North, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that you found your room to be clean, however, I am disappointed to see the number of issues you experienced during your stay. Thank you for letting me know about the burned out bulb in your room and the lacking breakfast. This is not our standard and I will work with my Team to correct these issues. Thank you so much for choosing Staybridge Suites and we look forward to the opportunity to make it right the next time you are in the area.

Kindly,