“Clean, Comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Monroe, Michigan
“Clean, Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel and a Staybridge in Montana. I am currently a Rewards member of another hotel chain, but after 10 years, I have decided to switch. The Elkhart hotel was clean, brand new looking and the beds were very comfortable. The rooms are very large with room to stretch out. The hotel offered free DVDs, which was nice. The only disappointment was the breakfast. The breakfast rolls were stale and the boiled eggs were dry and rubbery.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

I often stay at Residence Inns. This was my first stay at the Staybridge which I believe is a direct competitor. This facility was a cut above the Residence Inns I have stayed at across the country. Most critical is the upgraded bed. The Staybridge is so much more comfortable. Granite counters and upgraded light fixtures gives it a more rich design. The common areas were also better appointed, with outdoor seating for dining, grills, basketball court and even a big screen theatre with giant leather recliners where they'll lend you a movie or play your own. I think I've found a new preferred chain for extended stay travel.

• Stayed April 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2011

When I checked in the first room they gave me smelled horrible. It smelled as though the room had just been painted or caulked. Since the windows are sealed shut there was no escaping the smell. I asked for another room and I asked if there was an availalbe upgrade. I was told there were no upgrade rooms available, which I found to be shocking as I had made my reservation on line only 90 minutes prior to arrival and every type of room was offered on line. They did move my room. To room 217. It may has well have been inside the elevator. It was right next to the elevator. I heard EVERY elevator trip that night. Absolutely ridiculous. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2010

I loved staying here, our rooms were clean, the beds were soft, and we didn't hear our neighbors. We had a kitchen, living room and two bedrooms. However, the breakfast was terrible ( the coffee and eggs were atrocious) and I think it was over priced. For a two bedroom suite we paid $400. To me that is way too expensive. There is a 24/7 gym (didn't see it) an indoor pool (didn't see it) and a home theater with a large flat screen tv where you and company can watch movies. Apparently there are local workers living there and their children run rampant throughout the breakfast area. Also they have a mini mart type thing where you can buy things like soup and drinks and hamburger helper meals. We would all stay again because overall the experience was great.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Centerville, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

My brother made reservations for a 2 bedroom suite on Nov. 9 so we could attend the Notre Dame game on No. 13. He was told the only availability was was a very nice but pricey($189 plus tax) 2 bedroom business suite.
When we arrived after the game we were tired, wet & hungry. We checked in, went to the room and there was 1 King bed only. We told the clerk he gave us the wrong room and he said that's all he had. He offered another room at $89.We went to the motel next door and got a room with 2 beds for $108. When I went to cancel at Staybridge the clerk then said he could offer the 2nd room free. I told him we made other arrangements and he said we would be charged $189 anyway for canceling the same day as our reservation. As a priority club member I told him to get his manager on the phone to discuss this ridiculous situation.He finally cancelled the charge.
I called the priority number Nov. 15 and was told the motel arbitrarily made the change the same day as the game, didn't notify us. I called and spoke to their manager. He apologized and said it would not happen again. It won't because I'm not going back.

Stayed November 2010
oshkosh wi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

I was very disappointed to find out from management that they allow animals to stay in any room that is available. Most pet friendly hotels designate one floor only for guests with pets. Although the hotel was new, I could never stay there again because I'm allergic to cats. I knew right away there had been pets in our room because I saw pet fur.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank cindcind
brooklyn, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

stayed here for one night, we booked two suites. we weren't looking for anything fancy, just needed a place to sleep for the night after a long day of driving towards the midwest. We were very surprised by how nice this hotel was. We had a studio suite with a king size bed and a one bedroom suite which had a living room and a bedroom with 2 queens. Both suites had a kitchen area that had full size refrigerator and stove. Both suites had large flat screen tvs, all of the bedding was firm and comfortable, bathrooms were nice size. The hotel is obviously very new and everything looks and seems new. Free breakfast was nothing fancy but it was adequate. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in the Elkhart area. Elkhart seems like a good place to spend the night if you passing through on a long road trip. there are many hotel options and food options which are all an easy on/easy off from the interstate. I doubt we will be in this area again anytime soon, but if we were, we would definintely stay at this hotel again. In fact, this hotel impressed us so much that we will definintely look into staying at this chain again when we travel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family