“My Micro-stay”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel while on a weekend trip for a conference in the area. The hotel itself is in a decent location. Fairly difficult to reach comfortably with a larger vehicle as the parking lot and drive are quite small. At first glance, the building has been recently updated so that was nice. The girl that checked us in wasn't the friendliest person I have ever met. As a former Marriott employee (which has completely ruined my ability to travel and be fully satisfied unless staying in a Marriott) I immediately checked the places in the room that I know are generally missed when cleaned and unfortunately found what I had already expected. There was hair on the toilet, the sheets had mascara stains on them, and the the tub wasn't the cleanest. The first morning we were there I went to investigate breakfast and there wasn't much there. It's quite obvious why the rooms are so cheap. The shower essential are terrible. I was quite surprised to find there was no conditioner. The shampoo was extremely cheap and dried my hair out. I ended up going to Kmart and buying a travel size bottle because I had forgotten mine and refused to damage my hair the following day. The girl at the front desk the second day was extremely friendly and clearly a dependable worker as she was there for several hours after her shift should have ended. And again the next day when we checked out. I don't remember her name, but shes a short little petite brunette. Very sweet girl. She deserves a raise or some sort of compensation. She is definitely one of the only positive aspects of this property. Knowledgeable and friendly. :) Anyway, the internet connection is nearly impossible to stay connected to. The beds are in serious need of replacement. I think the window seat would have been more comfortable to sleep on. I contemplated sleeping on the floor but changed my mind due to the lack of cleanliness of the floor in the bathroom.. I wasn't sure if the carpet was clean.. and the design made it hard to tell. In general this hotel is probably not properly rated for properties in the area. If we are ever in the Elkhart area again, we will be eating the cost and staying at the Staybridge Suites or a Marriott if available..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tlm8706
ElkhartMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I'm sorry that you were not entirely pleased by your stay. It is good to keep in mind, for someone used to the standard of a Marriott, that Microtels are budget hotels. The rooms are smaller (hence the name) and things are very basic, but we do our best to provide every need for our guests. The hotel is a NEW hotel, not recently renovated. We have been open just over 4 years, so everything on site is still quite new. Our beds are 'Serta Perfect Sleepers', and the majority of guests who stay seem to love them. I'm sorry you did not. I've very pleased you had such a positive experience with at least one of our employees. It is a small hotel and we all work very hard, so a kind word about any of our workers is greatly appreciated. Thank you for giving the hotel a chance.
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel was in a nice location, quiet and clean. The woman at the front desk wasn't the friendliest, but check-in was easy and quick. I asked for a late check-out and she was very rude about it and told me to call back late in the evening. When I called back, that person told me to call in the morning to ask! I had to wake up extra-early just to call--for a third time, mind you--and I honestly felt that this was beyond ridiculous.

The room was tiny, but clean. There is a very annoying light above the bed that hangs over the full-size mirror on the wall. The other lights were too bright for the TV, so that part was disappointing. The channel selection on the TV is awful, unless you only like 24 news and home improvement shows. Bathroom was nice and clean and had a good size counter. The beds were average, but the white bedding did have stains on it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
ElkhartMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I am pleased that found the hotel to be clean, quiet and in a nice location.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced anything less than great service while in our hotel. Our staff is generally quite friendly, so I'm not sure what may have happened for anyone to be less than that. We generally do not offer late check-outs, but it is policy to check with the desk in the morning, as by that point we have a better grasp on our housekeeping schedule for the day. The hotel does offer a wide rage of channels, including but not limited to movie channels, family friendly channels, sports channels, history channels, news channels, as well as regular network channels to name a few. I'm not sure if you didn't look at the channel guide offered, but there is quite a range available. I also apologize for the stains you saw on the bedding. We do our best to catch every stain both while doing the laundry and while cleaning the rooms, but we do miss a few here and there.

I hope that if you return to the area you will stay with us again.
White Cloud
Reviewed March 12, 2013

It was a very nice hotel. The rooms were very quiet and comfortable. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

ElkhartMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased that the hotel was comfortable for you, and you enjoyed a nice quiet stay. We hope to see you again!
Munster, Indiana
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I took a chance at staying at a hotel that was reasonably priced. Check in was great. I requested a Queen suite and was very impressed with the room. My associate and I stayed here in separate rooms and he too was impressed, as we were here on business. The room was clean and had no smells/odor and that is a big plus The continental breakfast was a typical breakfast. The clerk on duty, her name was Jamie, was about to deliver a pillow to another guest and I mentioned that, that would be a great thing to have. About an hour later she knocked on my door and delivered a pillow. That really impressed me as I never really asked for one. She took the initiative above an beyond here duties. Great Manager on duty. I would encourage anyone to stay here for a great night sleep at a reasonably priced location. You would not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ElkhartMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that you decided to take a chance on us and ended up having such a positive experience. I am happy to hear that staff went above and beyond duty to make your stay even better. We look forward to seeing you again if you return to the area.