My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel while on a weekend trip for a conference in the area. The hotel itself is in a decent location. Fairly difficult to reach comfortably with a larger vehicle as the parking lot and drive are quite small. At first glance, the building has been recently updated so that was nice. The girl that checked us in wasn't the friendliest person I have ever met. As a former Marriott employee (which has completely ruined my ability to travel and be fully satisfied unless staying in a Marriott) I immediately checked the places in the room that I know are generally missed when cleaned and unfortunately found what I had already expected. There was hair on the toilet, the sheets had mascara stains on them, and the the tub wasn't the cleanest. The first morning we were there I went to investigate breakfast and there wasn't much there. It's quite obvious why the rooms are so cheap. The shower essential are terrible. I was quite surprised to find there was no conditioner. The shampoo was extremely cheap and dried my hair out. I ended up going to Kmart and buying a travel size bottle because I had forgotten mine and refused to damage my hair the following day. The girl at the front desk the second day was extremely friendly and clearly a dependable worker as she was there for several hours after her shift should have ended. And again the next day when we checked out. I don't remember her name, but shes a short little petite brunette. Very sweet girl. She deserves a raise or some sort of compensation. She is definitely one of the only positive aspects of this property. Knowledgeable and friendly. :) Anyway, the internet connection is nearly impossible to stay connected to. The beds are in serious need of replacement. I think the window seat would have been more comfortable to sleep on. I contemplated sleeping on the floor but changed my mind due to the lack of cleanliness of the floor in the bathroom.. I wasn't sure if the carpet was clean.. and the design made it hard to tell. In general this hotel is probably not properly rated for properties in the area. If we are ever in the Elkhart area again, we will be eating the cost and staying at the Staybridge Suites or a Marriott if available..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are rated #1 in Elkhart, IN we do offer single queen , double queen and suites in our hotel . There is a hot Breakfast served every morning , free wifi and all rooms have a microwave, and refrigerator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inns And Suites Elkhart
- Microtel Inns & Suites Elkhart Hotel Elkhart