“Small but clean” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
SAN CLEMENTE
“Small but clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

A little expensive but it was a football weekend.
Hotel was a few years old and clean. Rooms were small but we didn't spend much time in them. Had everything we needed.
I would stay again under the same stiuation.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

ElkhartMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I am very pleased that you decided to stay with us during a recent Notre Dame football weekend, and that the hotel worked out well for you. We will look forward to a return visit from you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
SAINT MARYS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Microtel was very clean and the staff very friendly. We had a wonderful stay, and my children enjoyed the breakfast each morning!

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

ElkhartMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and your children enjoyed the breakfast. We hope to see you again!
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here on a football weekend. I reserved well in advance and had a good rate, especially considering it was a football weekend. I did not stick around the hotel much. I needed a clean, safe, affordable room near Notre Dame, which is what I got. The young woman working the desk (Sarah) was friendly and professional and I was allowed to check in early since my room was available. The room was clean and bright. Check in and check out was easy. The hotel seems new and is well maintained. I did not have breakfast at the hotel, so I did not rate that. I did have some problems connecting to the secure wireless.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

ElkhartMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us during the Notre Dame football weekend. Booking early for the game weekends is always a good idea, not only guarantee your room but to often find deals that may be available for early bookings. Thank you for staying with us. I hope you will stay again if you are in the area.
DALLAS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Clean effiecent hotel near a lot of resturants and grocery stores. Stayed here to attend a Notre Dame football game - about 1/2 hour away by toll road. Only complaints were the lighting in the room was WAY to bright and harsh. Get lamps and ditch the florecents (especially over the bed) and I have not stayed in a hotel that offered only 17 TV channels for years.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found the hotel to be conveniently located to Notre Dame. We hope that if you should return to the area, whether for a Notre Dame event or another occasion, you will choose to stay with us again.
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I checked in late afternoon and a very pleasant young lady greeted me! The rooms are very clean,the inn is very clean around it plus a very safe area to stay! I will stay here as I travel often, one of the best in the area and priced right!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ElkhartMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and thrilled that you plan to stay with us again.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

overhead light above the bed cast a cold and commercial-like blue hue to the room, greatly reducing its potential to feel warm, rich & inviting. This made an otherwise lovely, be-it-small, room less than appealing. Instead of individual lamps furnished on either side of the bed, this one long flourescent fixture prohibited reading by one occupant while the other tried sleeping or vice-versa.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ElkhartMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I'm pleased that, with the exception of the lighting, you had an overall pleasant stay. I hope that regardless of you dislike of the lighting, you will stay with us again should you be in the area.
Harrison, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

The front desk staff was very helpful and I can't thank them enough for correcting my mistake. I had reserved early and paid w/ a credit card. After I arrived we found out that I had reserved the wrong night. They quickly corrected and said it was no problem. Room was very nice and clean, free wifi, nice large tv,microwave and a fridge. Will definately stay there when I'm in town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ElkhartMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
I am pleased to hear that you had such a satisfactory stay. Thank you for the kind words. We will look forward to seeing you again!