“Great hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Savage, Minnesota
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I thought Microtels were like Red Roof Inns, which is not great for me. But this place is outstanding, definitely not low budget feeling although the price is outstanding. There are a lot of hotels in Elkhart but this one stands out. Rooms were super clean. Comfortable beds. Staff was ok. Went for the Shipshewana flea market which was a disappointment, so the Microtel was easily the best part of the visit to this area for us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sally P
ElkhartMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for the kind review. I am glad to know that the overall experience with the hotel was a positive one. Hopefully we will see you again should you return to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Don't let the lower prices fool you. This isn't a low budget hole in the wall hotel. Beds were comfortable, rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. All things I look for in a hotel at any price. I don't avail myself of all of the amenities of some of the higher priced hotels, so the lack of those doesn't bother me. If you absolutely have to have a pool, stay elsewhere and pay more. If all you need is a comfortable place to lay your head at night and not pay a crazy amount to do so, this is the place.

A continental breakfast is offered, but we did not try it, so I cannot comment on that. In room WiFi was speedy and easy to connect to. There are several restaurants in the area as well as a grocery store down the street for those hungry times and a Wal-Mart about a mile away for those times when you find you've forgotten to pack something.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike B
Thank you for your kind review. I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again!
Vashon, Washington
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have never stayed at a Microtel before and based my decision to stay at one on Trip Advisor reviews. Well, it exceeded my expectations! We checked into the Elhart location at near midnight, and the young receptionist was very friendly and helpful, The room was very clean and seems like a much more expensive hotel than it is. The beds were super comfy and there were lots of towels. Oh, and they provide free wifi. We are driving cross country, so I quickly changed all of my other reservations to Microtel stays.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable, and that the other Microtel's during your trip were equally as good.
Boone, Iowa
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The entire facility is fresh, clean, and typical of a higher price hotel. The best hotel value I have encountered in a very long time.

1 Thank IowaGordons
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed here, based on Trip Advisor recommendations. The reviews and ratings were right on. A clean, comfortable room at a terrific price. If I could, I'd give it 4.5. Breakfast not so good, but that's not why you stay at a Microtel. After a long day of turnpike driving, you want a good night's sleep, and this roadside hotel provides it!

2 Thank Joseph R
ElkhartMicrotel, Brooklyn - Front Desk at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart, responded to this review, February 5, 2016
Thank you for your review !
I'm so pleased that you found your stay with us so great and affordable ! We have added some new items to our breakfast bar, including breakfast potatoes (: So, if you're passing through Elkhart and need somewhere comfortable to stay, that will be something to definitely check out before checking out !
Thanks again for taking time to review our hotel and I hope we'll see you again if you return to the Elkhart area !
LAFAYETTE
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were impressed with the cleanliness of the room & the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. The space was small but the furniture was laid out well. Our bed sheet had a small stain on it but it looked and smelled like bleach (like it had been recently laundered) so we didn't mind too much. The continental breakfast was adequate but it would have been great to add a waffle maker, etc. We reserved online and paid around $60 with everything. The only complaints we had is that the internet was really slow even when we used the hard connection & the cable tv channels were limited. Overall, it was a really good experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dgulik10
Thank you for your review !
I'm pleased to hear that your overall experience with our hotel was a pleasant one ! I am happy to report that we do indeed have a waffle maker now, so you can have that to look forward to with your next stay (: Also, I apologize for the inconveniently slow internet connection during your stay. I hope that you will find it to be better in the future.
Arkansas
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I judge a hotel by how clean it is. This place smelled and looked good from the time we walked in the door until the time we checked out 6 nights later. The room was cleaned every day and re-stocked with fresh towels. Beds were pillow top and very comfortable. The breakfast is a true continental...juice, coffee, milk, cereal, breads. No pool on site...didn't need it. Quality place to stay at a budget price. Cracker Barrel right across the street.

Thank you for your review !
I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your entire stay with us ! I'm also glad that you've noticed how clean we like to keep everything. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future.