“Good place to stay when traveling.”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Watson, Louisiana
“Good place to stay when traveling.”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is a nice place to stay. We had no reservations and they gave us the best rate when we walked in and we needed 3 rooms for the 5 of us. Close to I-80, with plenty of places to eat around there and in town. The place was very clean and it was safe to leave our bicycles locked on the trailer at night. I just wish that the breakfast could of been before 7:00 am. We checked out @ 6:45 am and there still wasn't anything to eat. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bud56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
santa barbara,ca.
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Wonderful, immaculate, comfortable room.

The bed was so welcome. We were in Elkhart attending a family reunion and needed our sleep. This was the best bed ever.
Quiet, very clean, window that opened. Everything very neat and efficient.

No cigarette smell, no kids running and yelling in the halls.
Aaaah!
We were refreshed and ready to tackle the challenge of flying cross country on Monday!
Very pleasant stay. Looking forward to our next family reunion!

Front desk was extremely courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: upstairs-just because I always prefer the view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank atmo
Sumerduck
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The rooms were clean, the hotel is quiet and freshly upgraded. The continental breakfast was adequate. I found a coupon nnline so the cost of the room was amazingly inexpensive. I had never stayed at a microtel before but I definitely will consider them again. Perfect for overnight stay on a long trip. The 4 star rating was a reflection on the scarcity of front desk staff. Had to search for them to check in,to check out and to ask for local dinner information. Also there is no pool on site. They do have an agreement with the hotel next door for guests to use that one.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank DonnaFromVA
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This place offers a quiet place to sleep, an incredible bed and beautiful room. This is a high quality hotel at the cost of an average hotel. The front desk staff were very polite and helpful! Breakfast was great too!

Room Tip: Book the room 2 weeks in advance
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jmsellers7147
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Recently stayed at the property based on prior reviews. The hotel is situated amongst many other hotels in the area and restaurants. The property is approximately 3 years old and smells very new. You cannot beat the price. From the moment you walk into the lobby, you will notice how clean it is. The front desk person was helpful in giving directions to a particular restuarant. I even noticed a sign on the door leading to the hallway stairs that asks parents not to let their kids roam the hallways. The room size is a little smaller (queen size bed only) than other hotels, but again was very clean. I was surprised to find it contained a microwave, refridgerator and a 32 inch flat screen tv. The room even had a ethernet cord for internet connection which made for a strong signal.
The bed was firm and pillows typcial for a hotel. I always suggest to bring your own.
Both the bathroom tub and sink drained very well, no back-up water and the shower pressure was adequate. I did not see a pool. The breakfast the next morning is a typical continental breakfast (bagels, cereal, muffins) coffee/juice. If you are looking for a very reasonably price, new hotel with a few frils, this is worth a look.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Etzella
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed July 3, 2011

This was our 2nd visit to this property, and it is still clean and fresh. In fact, it might be nicer than our last visit, or else it's an illusion. It seems like the lighting may have been brightened up. Everything was clean and nice. As with last time, the walls are kind of thin and the wall-mounted flat-screen TVs go right through them. So, bring ear plugs or sound proof ear phones and be happy. Free high speed internet and free local and long distance calls within the USA!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MNtravel01
Ohio
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I live a long way from family and have made many hotel stopovers on long road trips over the years. I have paid higher rates, assuming the quality of sleep would be better for long road trips, but found that it wasn't always the case. For this trip, I consulted Trip Advisor. From everyone's reviews I determined this would be the place for a layover in the middle of a 9 hour road trip. I was so pleasantly surprised, we stayed on the way home, too!
I've never stayed in a Microtel before, but the name should have tipped me off. Our hotel room was reminiscent of a cruise ship or train berth (although I have never stayed in either) - everything in the room was streamlined and every inch of space was accounted for. This would never be a room where you'd want to spend a vacation with a lot of luggage, but for a road trip it was PERFECT. Both rooms were spotless, the hotel was quiet, and the rate was fantastic. Even the breakfast, though very limited, had everything I wanted, so we were on the road first thing, without any need to make a separate stop for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple