Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn(Elkhart)
Fairway Inn(Elkhart)
View Hotel
All reviewswindow seatrooms are smallqueen suiteroom was cleansausageshort staycracker barrelcontinental breakfaststay there againoatmealfootball weekendfridge and microwavevery nice hotelstaff was friendlyon linegreat place to staytexas roadhouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This place offers a quiet place to sleep, an incredible bed and beautiful room. This is a high quality hotel at the cost of an average hotel. The front desk staff were very polite and helpful! Breakfast was great too!

Room Tip: Book the room 2 weeks in advance
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jmsellers7147
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Recently stayed at the property based on prior reviews. The hotel is situated amongst many other hotels in the area and restaurants. The property is approximately 3 years old and smells very new. You cannot beat the price. From the moment you walk into the lobby, you will notice how clean it is. The front desk person was helpful in giving directions to a particular restuarant. I even noticed a sign on the door leading to the hallway stairs that asks parents not to let their kids roam the hallways. The room size is a little smaller (queen size bed only) than other hotels, but again was very clean. I was surprised to find it contained a microwave, refridgerator and a 32 inch flat screen tv. The room even had a ethernet cord for internet connection which made for a strong signal.
The bed was firm and pillows typcial for a hotel. I always suggest to bring your own.
Both the bathroom tub and sink drained very well, no back-up water and the shower pressure was adequate. I did not see a pool. The breakfast the next morning is a typical continental breakfast (bagels, cereal, muffins) coffee/juice. If you are looking for a very reasonably price, new hotel with a few frils, this is worth a look.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Etzella
Reviewed July 3, 2011

This was our 2nd visit to this property, and it is still clean and fresh. In fact, it might be nicer than our last visit, or else it's an illusion. It seems like the lighting may have been brightened up. Everything was clean and nice. As with last time, the walls are kind of thin and the wall-mounted flat-screen TVs go right through them. So, bring ear plugs or sound proof ear phones and be happy. Free high speed internet and free local and long distance calls within the USA!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MNtravel01
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I live a long way from family and have made many hotel stopovers on long road trips over the years. I have paid higher rates, assuming the quality of sleep would be better for long road trips, but found that it wasn't always the case. For this trip, I consulted Trip Advisor. From everyone's reviews I determined this would be the place for a layover in the middle of a 9 hour road trip. I was so pleasantly surprised, we stayed on the way home, too!
I've never stayed in a Microtel before, but the name should have tipped me off. Our hotel room was reminiscent of a cruise ship or train berth (although I have never stayed in either) - everything in the room was streamlined and every inch of space was accounted for. This would never be a room where you'd want to spend a vacation with a lot of luggage, but for a road trip it was PERFECT. Both rooms were spotless, the hotel was quiet, and the rate was fantastic. Even the breakfast, though very limited, had everything I wanted, so we were on the road first thing, without any need to make a separate stop for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on the way home to Mpls from NH. This is a brand new hotel with interior design by professionals. It is quite clean and beautiful; I think that all of the rooms have refrigerators. The staff is very friendly, helpful, and professional. I would almost go out of my way to stay here again. This is definitely the best Microtel that I have stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple