“Good food”
Review of Between The Buns - CLOSED

Between The Buns
Cuisines: American, Bar
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We heard of this place because one of my husbands students at the time worked there and recommended it so we decided to try it out. It was a good meal for a good price and the cheese for the fries made it even better. They had little tvs in the booths which helped out for my children 2,3 and 6. We have been back several times and have brought family to try it as well. Everyone enjoyed it!

Reviewed March 16, 2012

There are a few of the “Between The Buns” restaurants around the Michiana area. I like the one in Elkhart best. Some of the others are a bit “aged”, but they all have great local flair. Lots of local high school, college and pro sports teams are plastered on the walls – and very uniquely they are embedded in the tables (photos, cards, etc are shellacked/varnished into the table tops).
The food is usually above average in quality and the portions usually don’t disappoint. Be careful if you get breaded chicken – they have two different styles of breading/battering and they are VERY different. (Both are good – but nobody likes to be surprised).
The staff seems to turn over a fair amount, so it’s a little hit-or-miss. Sometimes we’ve had great service (got drinks quickly, kept them full, checked on food twice), other times not so good.
The restaurant and the bathrooms are always clean.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

This burger joint caters to families and kids, including sports teams and large groups of extended family. Food is average - what you would expect from a family burger joint. Atmosphere is sports and noise related. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Check out their website for daily food specials. Love their Winklemans Catch and you can't go wrong with a Papa Smurf drink

Reviewed March 29, 2011

Was recommended by colleagues to check this joint out for their wings. Since I am an out of towner, I am sure the locals will hate this review, but I found nothing special here. Food choices were many, but nothing that stood out as a "must try". Wings were good, meaty and messy, but nothing I'd go out of my way for. Had some large fried mushrooms, but outside of the size of them, there was nothing to speak about. I dunno, maybe I expected more than average bar food or maybe the bars in my area just serve more unique dishes...

Food was good, just not craveable which is my true measurement of how good food is.

1  Thank safetguru