“Very interesting”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Very interesting”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

If you want to see a unique view of the evolution of the travel trailer industry then this is the place. It's quite the place and well taken care if

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Simonton616

Syracuse, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Better than I Expected!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had heard and seen mixed reviews about this museum, however my interest had been piqued and I relegated a plan to visit to an obscure "to visit someday" list. It just so happened that while driving across northern Indiana (on the way to another destination) a few simple signs for the RV/MH Hall of Fame appeared along the highway. There it was, a short detour away!

I am a firm believer of "carpe diem" and I wasn't going to let the opportunity slip way with another "not this trip, maybe next time" reaction. So glad we stopped. It is well worth the $10 or less admission. A variety of "antique" and modified camping vehicles are set in an indoor campground display with some nifty campground staging. So many of the campers reflect the era of their manufacture...colors, fabrics, trims and design may provoke an older person's nostalgia or a writer's imagination. This exhibit is a great piece of American culture.

We spent about an hour looking over and taking pictures of the many interesting vehicles that opened the door to today's giant motorhomes and high tech camping. What is obvious is that there is a lot of unused space in the halls, and it seems that expansion of exhibits as time goes on will be inevitable! If you are into camping, this is a great place to stop and visit.

Visited April 2014
Minneapolis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“An unexpected surprise...great exhibits!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Finally visited this museum after passing by it many times during our travels through Indiana. What a pleasant surprise! The number of RV units on display is quite impressive, and the history boards explaining the evolution of RV's is well done. Don't miss the antique wooden "Tennessee Traveler" ...and then there is Mae West's customized RV, no doubt one of Hollywood's earliest mobile love nests! Well worth a visit.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank William S
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great museum”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Having grown up in the mobile home industry and being drawn to vintage trailers since I was a kid, this seemed like a place I had to see. The hall of fame is a bit hokey, but I'm sure some that are deep into the industry enjoy it and I'm happy to see that they are preserving the history of the industry with the library. The absolute best part is the museum. The displays are nicely arranged and something I really enjoyed is being able to actually step inside many of the trailers and take plenty of photos (as long as they aren't for commercial use). The museum focused primarily on RVs, but there were a few old mobile homes such as a 1950s Spartan.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Phillymittens
Clearwater, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“1985 RV A bit of Elkhart history”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

After seeing your RV/ MV Hall of Fame which is a sheer delight, very informative, and a place to visit if you are an avid rv er, or you would like to see something out of the ordinary, this museum is a must. After seeing your different RVs, my quest to find the perfect one for my wife and I came as a surprise. I found and purchased a 1985 Nissan 720 pickup Mirage 17ft RV with original 24,780 miles, garage kept, in prime condition. The surprise is this RV was built by Mirage of Elkhart inc. 55241 Jay Dee St. Elkhart IN. 46514 in 1985. Small world? The wife and I have put on 15,000 fun free miles and are looking for many more. I sure am glad I saw your RV pictures, as it made my decision to buy this 29 year old RV. I'm sending you a picture of the Mirage and wish you continued success on a great RV/MH museum. Lora and Ron

Visited February 2013