“1985 RV A bit of Elkhart history”

RV/MH Hall of Fame and Museum
Ranked #2 of 21 things to do in Elkhart
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed December 22, 2013

After seeing your RV/ MV Hall of Fame which is a sheer delight, very informative, and a place to visit if you are an avid rv er, or you would like to see something out of the ordinary, this museum is a must. After seeing your different RVs, my quest to find the perfect one for my wife and I came as a surprise. I found and purchased a 1985 Nissan 720 pickup Mirage 17ft RV with original 24,780 miles, garage kept, in prime condition. The surprise is this RV was built by Mirage of Elkhart inc. 55241 Jay Dee St. Elkhart IN. 46514 in 1985. Small world? The wife and I have put on 15,000 fun free miles and are looking for many more. I sure am glad I saw your RV pictures, as it made my decision to buy this 29 year old RV. I'm sending you a picture of the Mirage and wish you continued success on a great RV/MH museum. Lora and Ron

3  Thank ronald d
"walk down memory lane"
"off the beaten path"
"mae west"

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We live nearby and like to take out of town guests there. It is really enjoyable and worth the visit if you're going to be in the area, even if you are not a big RV fan. The exhibits (RVs through the ages) are so interesting...mostly historical. Kids even enjoy it, since you can go in most of the models. It is well-laid out and there are a lot of exhibits. It will actually take awhile to go through.

It is right at Exit 96 (Elkhart East) of the Indiana Toll Road. It is worth a couple hour stop if you are passing through. There have never been too may visitors when I have been there--it usually feels like you have the exhibits to your self. There is a fee to visit.

1  Thank paula c
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We visited on a weekday and the place was empty. Was surprised to find that there was a charge to visit, but that didn't stop us from going anyway as it wasn't an outrageous price. Was not the "gotta go see it" attraction I had heard it would be - or maybe i just expected much more. There were a few very interesting pieces and they do have lots of vintage items but i somehow expected more than just 1/2 of the first floor to be exhibit. Upstairs is just a library and a bit musty. No attendant to provide info on it's contents or use.

3  Thank ssbrandes
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have wanted to take a road trip from Cleveland for a while and this destination was perfect. The drive was EZ with our EZ Pass. Zipped right over Ohio and Indiana with minimal stops. The Indiana rest stops are dirty compared to Ohio's pristine rest stops. Especially the one with a McDonalds westbound. Filthy...I am spoiled by Ohio's ....The Hall of fame was really interesting. We loved seeing the different era's that the Hall of Fame represented. 2014 back to the early 1900's. The man at the counter was great, giving us an overview before was started the tour. !!!! Check this off my bucket list!! Thank you!!!

1  Thank Mollycat1425
See more reviews
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I am a woman and don't have the slightest interest in automobiles or RVs and all I can say is Fasci-in-na-ting!!!!

I love this place. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

I was surprised by how many you could go inside of. There are so many styles and eras represented here in such a fun way.

What I really liked was the time appropriate décor in each camper.

We spent about an hour and a half browsing through the campers. The upstairs is a RV hall of fame consisting of photos. Wasn't much interest to me, but an enthusiast may find it interesting.

They had a nice little gift shop as you exit. I would go again when in town. I understand they do have different models from time to time.

Its a real piece of American history.

1  Thank iwanttoseeamerica