“Nice place to visit”

Horseshoe Southern Indiana Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Elizabeth
More attraction details
Owner description: World-class gaming complex features 140 gaming tables and more than 2,500 slot machines.
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Enjoyed the casino as a whole, it is quite spread out however so much so they run an indoor shuttle, rent scooter and have speed walk ways to assist with getting around. Lots of what you would expect from a riverboat casino, they have a really nice poker room 1 or 2 daily tournaments.
A new restaurant called the spread (replaced Paula Deans) their still working the kinks out of that one. But Legends which has fantastic ribs is still making large portioned meals all meals are really big enough for two. My wife and I always share a meal.Most of the staff is friendly, the poker room looks great and the staff is more than adequate. Complementary Valet is always nice. Is about 15 mile from downtown Louisville KY.

All reviews
in 40 reviews
in 24 reviews
in 21 reviews

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We were excited to try the new Spread Buffet based on a very positive experience with the one in Cincinnati. What a disappointment. I can't say anything positive about it. The salad bar if you can call it that(it wasn't much of a bar)had only a few items and what appeared to be iceberg lettuce out of a bag. The food stations while appearing neat and well tended had food that had obviously been on the steam table/burner for a long time . This was especially true for the Mexican and Asian areas. There was no food that would be considered regional like the German food station in Cincinnati. Nothing was good-it didn't have the quality of a Golden Corral or Hometown Buffet which don't rank real high on my list. The Spread made them look top shelf.
Desserts were the worst-everything tasted the same. I saw one of the workers taking a pecan pie out of the box and it was a brand sold in one of the local wholesale stores in the area and it was a very inexpensive brand at that. I will say the employees were friendly and attentive.
We were there on a Tuesday evening when they were offering double reward points and it was not crowded at all-in fact it was pretty empty .
The grand opening isn't until the 21st of January. My suggestion would be to shut it down and start over.

On to the casino. It used to be more fun. There was never big money to win but you could go and spend 50 to 75 dollars and play for several hours just for the entertainment value. Not anything, it seems like you can go thru $75 in 15 minutes even betting 30, 40 or 60 cents, Every spin is a loser.

3  Thank SunsetGale
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hi, I've been going to this place for about 5yrs. It has been getting worse and worse. Well it finally hit me that the craps table bosses are suppose to be respectable to me, period. I don't play the slots here cause they are way to tight. So I play craps. Well, being almost a 7star player, I was shocked that a table boss can be so rude to a gambler spending 1000 or more a week, and when you complain, no one cares. You call, no one calls back. They think they can be rude and get away with it because they are the closest casino to Louisville. I'm done with them. 3 times now they have disrespected me, and 3 times, no apology. This last time I was even told by the table games manager that their people don't apologize...period ! But then asked what would make me happy ? I said I didn't want free play, free food, free hotel, free nothing......I want an apology. He said sorry, can't help ya. And that was it. If I ran my business this way, I would be out of business. So I would stay away...... Go to belterra, nicer employees, nicer hotel, nicer all around.

5  Thank beachscene5
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

The casino was nice, everyone was super friendly!!!! The drink waitresses were non existent!! Dealer, Raymond, was great! I'm not a smoker, so the fact everyone was smoking drive me crazy!!!

1  Thank CAROL L