Horseshoe Southern Indiana
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Inn Louisville(Louisville)(Great Value!)
$119
ComfortInn
$90
Travelocity
Days Inn & Suites Louisville SW(Louisville)(Great Value!)
$374
WoodSpring Suites Louisville South(Louisville)(Great Value!)
$90
$119
$93
$62
$100
$76
TripAdvisor
5,087 results
All reviewstable gamesnon smoking floorslot machinesgreat casinohotel and casinopoker roomspread buffetgamblingryedealersindianacompslegendshuttlevaletbinions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Horseshoe for 2 nights. The front desk workers were very friendly and polite. We got the exact room we had reserved. Room was quiet and clean. People complained about the walk to the casino. It was not bad at all. There
were shuttles constantly if you needed them. We walked, as we needed to walk off the
food we ate at the buffet. Total cost of our 2 nights, including 4 meals, was $20.00 before tips and gambling. Can't beat that!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2009

I was going to be in the area for a few days so I went to the Harrah's web site to see if they had anything in the area and I got lucky-- the Horseshoe is a Harrah's property. If you are a frequent gambler or traveler start going to Harrah's properties!
I was comped a room for three nights based on past play and my stay was outstanding. Although their directions weren't clear and I had a little trouble fiding it, once I got there everything went very smooth. It started at the valet, with baggage service (last place I saw this was Laughlin) and check in was very quick. I was taken to my room and it didn't smell good sothe bell boy went downstairs and got me a new, better smelling room. The room was pretty nice and the pillows and bed were comfortable.
After settling in I went to the casino, which was actually quite a long walk. The casino is an actual boat on the river but yo wouldn't know that from the inside. The dealers were freindly and I played Craps for a while, winning some money. There was nothing open for food that I could see in the eating area but room service was open so I got something there. Decent prices and they were very helpful.
I stayed a few days and played slots, craps, roulette and a little black jack. Craps tables were 10 and 15 minimum with NO ONE at the 15 table and the 10 loaded up. Not sure why they didn't drop the minimum on the 15 table but oh well. Most of the tables had 10 minimums so that wasn't too bad. Lots of current slot machines and a really cool Star Trek slot machine.
I wanted to stay another day and went down and asked how much the room was and they comped me the third night for my play which was nice. That's Harrah's for you. I also had a couple of buffets comped. Probably good as the buffts weren't all that special.
As for the room, nice, clean but really nothing special. Not bad though. Larger bathroom and shower and clean. Quiet as well. I don't know, as it was a weekday stay, if there was anyone else on the floor or not, but if there was I never heard them.
Room service had a varied menu and the prices were reasonable. And very helpful. I wanted a mushroom burger and they said thy were out of mushrooms. They called backa few minutes after I placed my non mushroom burger and said they had found some, asked if Istillw anted a mushroom burger. That was a nice touch, going that extra mile for me.
As for the casino, generally clean and smoke free, but drink service wa a little hinky. Not always there when you wanted them and that i just about the only ting that kept me from spending more time there.
Overall a positive experience and if i am in the area again I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2009

It was are first time going to the casino, I was treating my husband for our anniversary. We arrived, the lobby was packed, the employee talked so fast that I didn't hear everything they said. Thank God my husband was there to tell me about the mini bar before I picked anything up! Anyway they give us a room with 2 beds and we really wanted a king, so I went back down to see if we could switch and the lady at the front desk was very rude about the whole thing, wouldn't even look to see if they had one available. Definitely NOT vegas! The one good thing about the stay was the concert(Willy Nelson), paid extra for closer seats and the gentlemen that I talk to on the phone did an outstanding job! The security guards at the concert were nicer than the front desk people. Don't think we will go back.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gettingby247
Reviewed May 31, 2009

The only thing that keeps me from giving this hotel five stars is the quality and the price of the food. The hotel itself was spotless and the rooms were very nice. The front desk staff were exceptional. We were meeting family there for a mini reunion and they gave us adjoining rooms up on the tenth floor. Nice view and extremely quiet.

The casino has a wide variety of slots. We didn't win but we got to play a long time for our money. The drink service was outstanding. I am a coffee drinker and the girls never allowed my cup to get empty.

The food was another matter entirely. My wife and I visit a lot of casinos and normally eat at the buffets. The first night there we opted to get a burger and fries at the Aces High Snack Bar since the dinner buffet was going to cost over $40.00 for the two of us. The food was OK but the girl who took our order was anything but friendly and it took forever to get our order. The next morning we decided to try the breakfast buffet. The scrambled eggs were cold and dried out, the hash browns were cold and the sausage was cold. Selection was very small. Not what we expected for $10.65 each in a casino. Dinner that evening we gave the buffet another try. The food was much better and there was a good selection to choose from. This was what we expected from a casino buffet.
Maybe we just caught the buffet at a bad time for breakfast. We will probably try it again on our next visit.

All in all this was a very good time and we will definitly be back.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Lafayette_GAPossum
Reviewed May 16, 2009

I really do not understand all the bad reviews about the Horseshoe Casino. This was my first time staying here after the change to Horseshoe Casino. I was able to check in early (because a previous engagement was canceled). The staff was great and friendly.
I had lunch and Dinner at the Villa Buffet and each time was good. Good tasting food and service.
Overall, I had a great experience staying here at the Horseshoe Casino in Southern Indiana.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo