“Experienced with Elite Casino's”

Horseshoe Southern Indiana
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Albany, Indiana
“Experienced with Elite Casino's”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

So far...Checked in today. I want to give a Shout - Out to the Lovely young lady who served me a Phlly CheeseSteak sandwich...Thank you!! I first walked into my room with the idea that maybe I was making a mistake with taking a free bee with this Casino.. Totally wrong. The Staff is Very Friendly and I observed the hospitality and was very impressed with the cleaning and attentive detail to all the patrons. Being outside the Big "V" I give this place "A" yes that's hard for me to do... Thanks for the experience!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank kojeislandincha
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
kojeislandincha, we're thrilled that your experience was so positive. We take strides to do right by our guests and we're so glad you got to see - and experience - that firsthand. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (937)
Hollywood, South Carolina
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip to Louisville, KY. All of the hotels were booked in Louisville so I looked here as a close alternative. You are within 30 minutes drive of Louisville so its not to far out of the way. The hotel is an average hotel. Nothing really fancy to speak of but its was relatively clean and the staff was very nice. They only offer a small convenience type restaurant in the lobby of the hotel so don't expect much there. The nice part of this hotel is that it is connect to the Horseshoe Southern Indiana Casino. They provide many options for entertainment and restaurants but you do have a bit of a walk to get there. The walkway is completely indoors so no worries about weather and they also have a golf cart to take you over if you have mobility problems. If you enjoy a casino type atmosphere, then you will be very satisfied with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DDB0726
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
“Dear DDB0726, thanks for noting how close we are to Louisville and a good alternative for a place to stay during business trips. We strive to be more than average and would love a second opportunity to prove it to you. Aside from Aroma Café in the hotel, The Corner Café located in the Rotunda area just passed the moving sidewalk offers breakfast options as well.
Manteo, North Carolina
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My first trip to this casino was February 2014. Stayed there for three nights. Rooms were nice, but the buffet was the best I have experienced in a casino in the last ten years and I have been to many different casinos. The only down side to my stay was the long walk to the casino itself. But I understand why that is so. I do look forward to returning next February. And, the steakhouse is also very good, but pricey!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank James C
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
James C - thanks for taking the time to write this review. We're glad you enjoyed the buffet and look forward to having you as a guest again soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The hotel is nice, clean and lots of fun things to do. This place was like a little resort for the entire family. Casino for the adults, shopping and the pool for the family. The only down fall was the hot tub in the pool area had some gross film on the top of water. Could of been from some nasty people or they needed to change the water.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
brendafromindiana, we're glad that your whole family found some fun stuff to do! We'll keep an eye on the hot tub as well. Hope to see you again in the future.
louisville
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed on a Saturday and Sunday. We arrived 1 1/2 hours before check in but our room was ready. The check in was a breeze and everyone was so nice. Whenever we pass an employee they always say hi and how is our stay going. The room was clean like they have always been. Great view . We love eating at Legends. Great food and the prices are very reasonable. Yes, we get comps but we have gone there when we aren't comped and no complaints.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
nikib1964, thanks for taking the time to write this review. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the food at Legends!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Continue to read the reviews on this hotel. Be prepared to get ripped off and treated rude. This makes the second time that this stuff has happened. I checked out a day early because I can't stand this place. Starting with making the reservations online, down to trying to honor a $29.00 room rate coupon. They send the coupons, but hate to honor them and front desk likes to argue with you when you ask to use the coupon when you already DID book your reservations online as coupon says too. They claim rooms have a refrigerator, although, it is a warm left over mini bar. Twice they brought me a refrigerator to use (what a joke) . Although, don't forget to leave the LIGHTS ON with the switch on by to door to make the refrigerator to work through your stay and THROUGH THE NIGHT. Nothing but a hassle. Be prepared to be ripped off by the machines also. Example Willie Wonka Machine. Press 40 credits and it takes 80 credits. I won 855 on another penny machine. Although, it did not cash out on my ticket. If I had time and was not so eager to get out of the nightmare casino and hotel, I would have called Gaming Commission. If you want to go, I suggest getting the Gaming Commission number off the wall, be prepared to get ripped off and treated rude. Before they got anymore of my money, I just checked out. Oh my, then the front desk clerk witched about taking the money off my room for the coupon. Then she still didn't take off the correct about. Oh well, just another rip off! I WAS USE TO IT BY THAT TIME!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Darlene B
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Darlene B,

We are so sorry you had a bad experience with the hotel staff and your room. If you could you please forward the date and time of your visit along with a way to contact you to our customer service email: horseshoesifacebook@gmail.com it will be forwarded to the appropriate party and handled promptly.
Floyds Knobs
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Good hotel and restaurants but terrible buffet and tight slots-- been there many times.Excellent staff at casino and hotel and good entertainment. Close to Louisville and all the sights and restaurants .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HorseshoeSI, Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thomas S., we're sorry the buffet didn't live up to expectations. Should you visit again, we hope that you find the quality to be better. If you decide to try one of the other food vendors, we're confident you will find something that matches the quality of service you experienced.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Central Business District
Hampton Inn Corydon
#1 of 5 in Corydon
Comfort Inn Louisville
#52 of 95 in Louisville

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!