“Hotel part is fine, "The Spread" buffet not so much.”

Horseshoe Southern Indiana
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here for the 2nd time in just over a month. As before, the rooms were perfectly fine. Didn't care to pay the exorbitant fee for wireless internet access, but the rooms themselves were fine. Even took another couple and we had adjoining rooms. Nice to be able to stretch out.

We opted to try their NEW buffet that replaced the Paula Deen one that they canned. Our "honest to God" opinion = pedestrian. For about $24 bucks per head, you will get full, but the offerings are FAR LESS than the Paula Deen one and the quality was, at-best, so-so. Next time we want a buffet, we will stop at a Golden Corral before making the trek over the bridge to the casino boat. They really pumped up the grand opening of this buffet but it turned out to let us all down. So in essence, fill up before you go.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor seem to be busier than the upper levels. We've stayed in both locatio...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank ecfoster
There are newer reviews for Horseshoe Southern Indiana

Reviewed January 4, 2014

The room I stayed in had roaches. It was disgusting. It was about 4 when I had come back to my room from the casino and I noticed a pair of antennae poking out from the headboard. I shined a light on it and the bug scurried away. I quickly called the front desk. They sent up a maintenance guy who briefly checked the room. I went downstairs to check out and the guy at the front desk acted as if it was normal and okay that there was vermin in the room. He wanted to sent something in the mail to come back and stay another night. No way or no how I am coming back. The only thing nice here was the valet guy.

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Celineeec
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Celineeec, we have a pest control company and do inspect rooms vigorously. We apologize for the inconvenience but would like you to give us another chance should you ever be in the area.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed at and I have stayed at many. Beautiful decor and clean clean and clean. Hotel staff so pleasant and helpful but, be ready to walk. They have a casino on the riverboat across the street but everything is so spread out if you are not able to walk far this could be a problem. They have carts to take you around but you have to wait to get one. Wheelchair rental $20 for 4 hours and $35 for 24 hours. Food was good at restaurants and fair priced for a resort setting. Casino was okay, pretty but nothing special. I would go back .

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra O
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip I had in Louisville for three days in early October when i could not find a cheaper option within city limits. The rooms are average with standard amenities. The casino and hotel itself are pretty dated. The cost of internet was really high considering the slow speed of the link. I wouldn't make this a destination trip if i had the urge to gamble, but as an alternate option just outside the city its not horrible.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mehtatron
Reviewed December 6, 2013

we get there and everything is fine we end up getting a couples massage but as the night goes on it Goes down hill like down A very tall mountains! we were charged an extra $20 it was supposed to be taken off the bill and then we go to the casino so we can play our money gets taken from that stupid keno machine and we waited there for almost an hour to ge Someone To Help! we go back to Our Room and I went to open the waters That Are Already In The room which are An extra 4 dollars and SomOne Had Already Drank Out Of it and put it back! we call down to the front desk and we just got in OK really that's all you going To do is just say okay so I hung up and my husband called back and they said they would come up and take the water bottle but they couldn't do anything else. we had a king size bed was 1/2 smelt like throw up that Was Half Way cleane d! then the next morning I was charged for the water text someone else drink out of and they came up and took out of my room!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Leahmae4
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Nice hotel, comfy beds. Pretty good food choices. Hotel is a bit of a walk from casino but lets you work off some of the food and drinks you will put away. YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR DRINKS which is sort of a bummer if you're used to getting free drinks while gambling. We stop here on the way up or back from Chicago when we visit family.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rick p
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

For truck drivers (checking in hotel for weekend) they offer no shuttle service. The GM personally called me with a condescending attitude to tell me its a liability!!! How is it not a liability when they load a golf car full of people from hotel to casino & speed thru the building??? So we had to carry all our luggage etc...from truck lot to hotel. It's not like we can pull a 70ft 18wheeler thru valet. Also encountered a rude hotel staff member. They do have some great staff though. Had a ok time considering all the bad stuff.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank truckdrivrforammo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Central Business District
Galt House Hotel
#29 of 97 in Louisville
Fairgrounds
Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!