New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lexington, Kentucky
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

The room I stayed in had roaches. It was disgusting. It was about 4 when I had come back to my room from the casino and I noticed a pair of antennae poking out from the headboard. I shined a light on it and the bug scurried away. I quickly called the front desk. They sent up a maintenance guy who briefly checked the room. I went downstairs to check out and the guy at the front desk acted as if it was normal and okay that there was vermin in the room. He wanted to sent something in the mail to come back and stay another night. No way or no how I am coming back. The only thing nice here was the valet guy.

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank Celineeec
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Celineeec, we have a pest control company and do inspect rooms vigorously. We apologize for the inconvenience but would like you to give us another chance should you ever be in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (547)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed at and I have stayed at many. Beautiful decor and clean clean and clean. Hotel staff so pleasant and helpful but, be ready to walk. They have a casino on the riverboat across the street but everything is so spread out if you are not able to walk far this could be a problem. They have carts to take you around but you have to wait to get one. Wheelchair rental $20 for 4 hours and $35 for 24 hours. Food was good at restaurants and fair priced for a resort setting. Casino was okay, pretty but nothing special. I would go back .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra O
Murray, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip I had in Louisville for three days in early October when i could not find a cheaper option within city limits. The rooms are average with standard amenities. The casino and hotel itself are pretty dated. The cost of internet was really high considering the slow speed of the link. I wouldn't make this a destination trip if i had the urge to gamble, but as an alternate option just outside the city its not horrible.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mehtatron
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

we get there and everything is fine we end up getting a couples massage but as the night goes on it Goes down hill like down A very tall mountains! we were charged an extra $20 it was supposed to be taken off the bill and then we go to the casino so we can play our money gets taken from that stupid keno machine and we waited there for almost an hour to ge Someone To Help! we go back to Our Room and I went to open the waters That Are Already In The room which are An extra 4 dollars and SomOne Had Already Drank Out Of it and put it back! we call down to the front desk and we just got in OK really that's all you going To do is just say okay so I hung up and my husband called back and they said they would come up and take the water bottle but they couldn't do anything else. we had a king size bed was 1/2 smelt like throw up that Was Half Way cleane d! then the next morning I was charged for the water text someone else drink out of and they came up and took out of my room!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank Leahmae4
gainesville,ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Nice hotel, comfy beds. Pretty good food choices. Hotel is a bit of a walk from casino but lets you work off some of the food and drinks you will put away. YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR DRINKS which is sort of a bummer if you're used to getting free drinks while gambling. We stop here on the way up or back from Chicago when we visit family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank rick p
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

For truck drivers (checking in hotel for weekend) they offer no shuttle service. The GM personally called me with a condescending attitude to tell me its a liability!!! How is it not a liability when they load a golf car full of people from hotel to casino & speed thru the building??? So we had to carry all our luggage etc...from truck lot to hotel. It's not like we can pull a 70ft 18wheeler thru valet. Also encountered a rude hotel staff member. They do have some great staff though. Had a ok time considering all the bad stuff.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank truckdrivrforammo
Georgia Mountains
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Upon arriving after dark at the hotel/casino, it was very difficult to find where to check in at the hotel. The Ohio River and the casino are on one side of the highway and the hotel is on the other side of the highway, connected by a covered walkway (very long). After arriving at the hotel/parking garage building, we had no idea where to check in. We stopped at what we thought might be the front lobby and were told that was the Valet, and the hotel lobby was on the top floor of the parking garage?l.?.?. How Odd! So we drove into, up and around until we got to the top deck outside and were confronted with two doors about 200 feet apart. Which one?? Of course, I went in the wrong one and had to walk the 200 feet to the next one, then around a corner and another corner and finally found the front desk. After getting my key, went back to the car and back down into the covered part (snow was forecasted) and parked near an elevator. The elevators in the parking garage are not the same numbers as the hotel. We had to go up from there to somewhere close to the lobby part, then take a different elevator to the room floor. While doing this, I was nearly run over by a large electric golf cart (totally noise free) that was running between the hotel and the casino since the distance is totally too far to walk if you're over 35.

As far as the hotel itself, the front desk personnel were helpful and friendly, the room was clean. The bathroom was separated into two areas - one with a door for the toilet area, and the other part for the shower/tub and vanity. The makeup mirror was excellent. Toiletries and coffee service were good. The on-tv checkout was not working, as were the computers when we checked out so I could not examine my bill until it was emailed to me. (It was correct)
All in all, it was a very confusing place, and I probably will not stay there again.

Green Features: They ask you to leave your toiletries (used or unused) to recycle for distribution in poorer countries. Also to not have your sheets/towels changed every day to save on soap/water. Good ideas, although I think the toiletries should be used for shelters, etc here in our own country first.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tunicamom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Comfort Inn Louisville
#37 of 94 in Louisville
4.0 of 5 stars 3,354 reviews
Fairgrounds
Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!