“Dated Property”

Horseshoe Southern Indiana
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip I had in Louisville for three days in early October when i could not find a cheaper option within city limits. The rooms are average with standard amenities. The casino and hotel itself are pretty dated. The cost of internet was really high considering the slow speed of the link. I wouldn't make this a destination trip if i had the urge to gamble, but as an alternate option just outside the city its not horrible.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mehtatron
There are newer reviews for Horseshoe Southern Indiana

Reviewed December 6, 2013

we get there and everything is fine we end up getting a couples massage but as the night goes on it Goes down hill like down A very tall mountains! we were charged an extra $20 it was supposed to be taken off the bill and then we go to the casino so we can play our money gets taken from that stupid keno machine and we waited there for almost an hour to ge Someone To Help! we go back to Our Room and I went to open the waters That Are Already In The room which are An extra 4 dollars and SomOne Had Already Drank Out Of it and put it back! we call down to the front desk and we just got in OK really that's all you going To do is just say okay so I hung up and my husband called back and they said they would come up and take the water bottle but they couldn't do anything else. we had a king size bed was 1/2 smelt like throw up that Was Half Way cleane d! then the next morning I was charged for the water text someone else drink out of and they came up and took out of my room!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Leahmae4
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Nice hotel, comfy beds. Pretty good food choices. Hotel is a bit of a walk from casino but lets you work off some of the food and drinks you will put away. YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR DRINKS which is sort of a bummer if you're used to getting free drinks while gambling. We stop here on the way up or back from Chicago when we visit family.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rick p
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

For truck drivers (checking in hotel for weekend) they offer no shuttle service. The GM personally called me with a condescending attitude to tell me its a liability!!! How is it not a liability when they load a golf car full of people from hotel to casino & speed thru the building??? So we had to carry all our luggage etc...from truck lot to hotel. It's not like we can pull a 70ft 18wheeler thru valet. Also encountered a rude hotel staff member. They do have some great staff though. Had a ok time considering all the bad stuff.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank truckdrivrforammo
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Upon arriving after dark at the hotel/casino, it was very difficult to find where to check in at the hotel. The Ohio River and the casino are on one side of the highway and the hotel is on the other side of the highway, connected by a covered walkway (very long). After arriving at the hotel/parking garage building, we had no idea where to check in. We stopped at what we thought might be the front lobby and were told that was the Valet, and the hotel lobby was on the top floor of the parking garage?l.?.?. How Odd! So we drove into, up and around until we got to the top deck outside and were confronted with two doors about 200 feet apart. Which one?? Of course, I went in the wrong one and had to walk the 200 feet to the next one, then around a corner and another corner and finally found the front desk. After getting my key, went back to the car and back down into the covered part (snow was forecasted) and parked near an elevator. The elevators in the parking garage are not the same numbers as the hotel. We had to go up from there to somewhere close to the lobby part, then take a different elevator to the room floor. While doing this, I was nearly run over by a large electric golf cart (totally noise free) that was running between the hotel and the casino since the distance is totally too far to walk if you're over 35.

As far as the hotel itself, the front desk personnel were helpful and friendly, the room was clean. The bathroom was separated into two areas - one with a door for the toilet area, and the other part for the shower/tub and vanity. The makeup mirror was excellent. Toiletries and coffee service were good. The on-tv checkout was not working, as were the computers when we checked out so I could not examine my bill until it was emailed to me. (It was correct)
All in all, it was a very confusing place, and I probably will not stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tunicamom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel is a little out of the way but really only 15 minutes from downtown Louisville. You are on the Ohio river and you can get a river view. The rooms are large and decorated with a nice decor. The beds are nice and you have a number of pillows. The bathroom is large and has a makeup mirror if you need it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nikib1964
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have stayed numerous times, most recently 10-04. We have had rooms all over the hotel and have found all rooms to be CLEAN and nice. The beds are very COMFORTABLE we sleep well. The higher rooms have a great view of the river. The casino is a good walk from the hotel - that is a good thing, we all need to walk more it is good for you- but they provide a shuttle. The staff is great and friendly. I only have one small negative thing to say about this property that is the shower pressure in some of the rooms is terrible. The water trickles out as such it takes 3x as long go shower. This would be my only complaint and as I said a minor one. Yes I will stay again, I will be there on 10-18.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank R A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Central Business District
Galt House Hotel
#29 of 97 in Louisville
Fairgrounds
Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!