“Bring your walking shoes.”

Horseshoe Southern Indiana
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Parma, Ohio
“Bring your walking shoes.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on a quick over night . Room was comped so price was right. Found the entrance to the hotel confusing. You would expect the hotel check in to be on the same level you pull in. Not here. Check in was fast and friendly. Room was large and clean. Bathroom also large and clean. Big new TV mini fridge nice bedding and towels. In the light of day in the morning the room showed its age.Thought maybe some previous posters were exagerating about the walk not so. I have walked all over every las Vegas casino and have never walked that far to get to a machine. Gambling is across 4 floors. Wasn't too crowded but smokey and the areas around the machines was dirty. Floor 1 non smoking and much cleaner and more pleasant. Did not eat there so can't comment. Seemed like a nice variety of restaurants. Overall would not make aspecial trip back but would use again as a quick stopover.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank jmmrn747

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (960)
Bradenton
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

The entire place needs more spunk. Long walk to casino, businesses are closed up, only one restaurant besides their steak house. Went to legends restaurant for dinner and it was okay, so we ordered room service for breakfast. By far the best room service ever..... I give the room service a 10. Fast, fresh and so amazingly flavorful. Best breakfast pizza in the world. Stay just for that, but the gambling is good also:)

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Beth O
Champaign
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The room was great, beds were great, all hotel staff were great. Only complaint I have is that it is a long walk from hotel to casino. They run a golf cart shuttle but it only takes you halfway. Way too far. Not for the aged or infirm. I am used to great places in Las Vegas where we just get on the elevator to go down to the casino.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank randykay10
Marco Island, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Have stayed here in the past and was always very nice but it seems to be back sliding. We stayed on the No Smoking Floor and the entire floor smelled like the smoking floor of the casino as did the room. When we got to the room the air was off and the room was very warm, this side of hot. Bathroom could have used housekeeping. Hard to miss all the black hair in the tub and on the floor. Wife says last time for us as she hated the smell of the smoke to say nothing of the hairy bathroom. Called the desk and got disconnected three times and then when I did get through and had a question about billing they gave me an 866 number. Lacking service for sure!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Captain648
Tennessee
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stopped off in Elizabeth, IN on our way home from Chicago. What a wonderful room, hospitality and the staff was downright kind. We loved our room. It was grand! No, we're not high rollers but we had a hoot in the casino. We'll go back and definitely recommend it to our friends. Oh and while there, stop by Binions for dinner. Although we did not eat there this time, in the past it has been great! Happy Travels!

Room Tip: We stayed on the seventh floor and the a/c seemed quieter. We asked for a king, non-smoking and the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TnDucki
Scottsville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Ok so we are not high rollers by no means and we gamble when we have saved enough to go. We love Horseshoe In. And always receive free rooms,,which helps if you have to drive very far. We appreciate that,,,,,but we just returned from our last visit to see Ron White and it was awsome! We then went to gamble and stayed gambling till breakfast time (from 11till around 9:30 ) After eating we decidded to gamble some more,,I went to 2nd floor to a machine I love to play but the chair was pushed up and a card was in it,,so I waited 10-15min no one showed up so I asked the attendant what was up,,she said give more time so same amount of time and finally guy shows up saying he is trying to get more money?? And would the attendant (lock) out the slot cause it looked like that lady (me) wanted to play it,,duh,,well she did and he came back later and said well I guess I have to give it to you cause I can't get anymore money,,,,,so HE unlocks the machine and all the while I am playing he is coming up and telling me what i will win and standing there comenting the whole time,,I got up and left,,,I called two days later to ask if this was policy and was told HIGH ROLLERS can have this done,, he said attendant could tell by the card,, i said high roller had no money but I did,,he said thats just how it is,,,,just my point being if all us that gamble when we can afford to but are treated so, ,its the little poeple that make up the most gamers so, ,ok so my feeling were hurt and my money wasn't as good as the money he couldn't even get,,,that sucks. All the good times we have had make this very hurtful experience.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank jdinwiddie98
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The rooms are always nice in appearance and clean. But that is where the good stops.

We had two free nights, so with that, I am usually less likely to complain. However, this stay was so bad, we left a day early!

The past few times we have stayed here, the rooms are so hot that I cannot sleep. This time, we had the thermostat set to the lowest temperature (which was 60), and it was still so hot that laid my head at the foot of the bed because it was the only place on the bed I could feel even the slightest cool air blowing from the vent. The bathrooms have no A/C vent, so even turning the lights on makes the room miserable hot, so we left the lights off as much as we possibly could.

Room Tip: If you are cold-natured, you'll love these rooms! If not, you may want to check out the room te...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wnr327
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Central Business District
Comfort Inn Louisville
#53 of 96 in Louisville
Hyatt Regency Louisville
#10 of 96 in Louisville

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!