Horseshoe Southern Indiana
Comfort Inn Louisville(Louisville)(Great Value!)
$101
ComfortInn
$90
$80
$81
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

$119
$118
$106
$80
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $89/night.

$66
$86
$73
  • Pool
5,225 results
All reviewstable gamesnon smoking floorslot machinesgreat casinohotel and casinopoker roomrooms are nicespread buffetgamblingryedealersindianacompsshuttlevaletbinions
Reviewed May 11, 2008

My wife and I started going to Caesars Indiana about 7 years ago, and it used to be great. It was very clean, and the casino was fantastic , probably the best in Indiana - tons of table games, wide variety of table minimums, separately themed floors, lots of different slots, and even free self-serve soda machines. However each year we went back, it seemed like the property was let go just a bit more than the year before. This year, with the rebranding (I say down-grading), it was so bad that we may never go back. The entire boat has been rebranded with the "Horseshoe" theme - all of the original, nice decor is now gone...along with all of the table games (and soda machines)!!! Seriously, they probably had 25% of the tables this year compare to our last trip just a couple years ago, and all of the mininums were $15.00. You used to be able to play table games on 3 of the 4 floors, with a wide variety of minimums, but now they only have 1 small section on the third floor reserved for table games (sorry the high limit lounge does count) and the rest of the boat is basically a slot-fest. The slot machine choices were also dissappointing. We're not big slot players, but all of the fun slot machines they used to have are now gone, too. The entire casino has been stripped down, and it sucks. If you want to go to 3 floors (1 floor was closed for the ongoing down-grade) of boring, crowded, smokey slot play, then the NEW HORSHOE is for you! Otherwise, send the morons at Harrah's a message and start going to Belterra or even Argosy. Caesar's used to rule Indiana....sorry, your ship has sunk!!!

1  Thank LT_07
Reviewed March 3, 2008

When we drove up, we were excited to check in and unload the car. When we stepped in the door and were hit by the cloud of smoke, we were ready to turn and run.
Maybe our (non-smoking) room will be better, I thought.
It was not.
This hotel and casino really needs to improve its ventilation. Our window in our room didn't open, and there was no fan in the bathroom to help ventilate out the stench.
As soon as our eyes opened the next morning, we checked out, unable to stand another minute (and missing the Sunday brunch that did look kinda good).

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed March 2, 2008

NON SMOKERS BEWARE- You cannot breathe anywhere in this hotel or casino. The smoke hangs in a haze over everything. They need to upgrade their ventilation systems and get some smoke eaters.
Our "non-smoking" room required a spray down with air freshener as soon as we arrived (windows don't open and no fan in bathroom). Not much relief.
Everywhere is smoking- even at Portico, our nonsmoking table was right next to....a SMOKER>>>>>>!
My hubby and I checked out bright and early next morning due to sore throats and headaches and ate breakfast somewhere else.
Also, the casino is not fun because the staff are NASTY. The table bosses act like you are playing in Monte Carlo and do not tolerate any questions and don't hesitate to scold you if you do something (no matter if it's harmless) that they don't like. I was stone sober, am a nice person, ready to have fun, and left my table because I was sick of the dictator fussing at my every move.
I WILL STICK TO VEGAS. GAMBLING IN INDIANA IS A JOKE.

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed January 31, 2008

We stayed at this hotel during the week when you can get a pretty reasonable rate ($95 after taxes). Overall this is my favorite hotel and casino out of all of the ones on the Ohio River. The rooms are very spacious and the indoor pool and hot tub are great and rarely crowded (the pool is actually warm enough to get in unlike other casino hotels I have been to). I also enjoy the fact that the bathrooms are oversized, with there being an individual room for the actual stall itself, so more than 1 person can use the bathroom at one time.

The biggest positive and negative in my opinion about the hotel (why I didn't give it 5 stars) is t he distance to the casino. Unlike other casino hotels you just don't take the elevator down the casino, there is a significant walk. They do have a free shuttle that takes you halfway down and it definately helps, but this might be a big issue if you plan on going to and from the casino a lot or if you are older. In my opinion it is nice being some distance from the casino and be in a more relaxing atmosphere. I enjoy being able to go down to the lobby area and just relax for a couple minutes and not be immediately in the middle of slot machines and all of the people in the casino (both hotel guests and locals). Simply put, it is nice being able to feel like you can away from the casino, but obviously again some people might think of it as more of a negative than a positive.

As for the casino itself, it is the largest casino in Indiana even though the 2nd level is currently closed as they transition to the Horseshoe brand. I might wait until the 2nd level is back open as this mad getting a seat at the table game somewhat difficult. The poker room is still the best of the Ohio River casinos, the only negative being that if you are used to Vegas a lot of the poker tables will feel like you have crashed a home game, since many of the players are regulars.

Overall though, in my opinion the casino and hotel in my opinion are both the best in Indiana. The buffet is pretty good and Legends is a great atmosphere for a nice dinner. I did not try Portico's but I have always heard positive things about the experience. Overall I don't think it is worth it to pay $200-$300 a night to stay here (a lot of times the weekend rate) and go to the casino, but it is definately worth it if you can get a room for $125 or less a night, and during the week you can definately get this type of rate. I look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank gatorcard83
Reviewed December 14, 2007

I have been to all of the Indiana riverboats and Caesars is the nicest. Only disadvantage is the walk from the hotel to the casino. Quite a ways, however they now provide a shuttle (golf cart) free of charge (driver accepts tips). Food at this hotel is also good. They have a steak house, a buffet, a cafe in the pavilion as well as cafes on the boat. Beds are very comfortable, rooms are clean, bathrooms done in marble. Very nice place!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends