Horseshoe Southern Indiana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
5,078 results
All reviewstable gamesnon smoking floorslot machinesgreat casinohotel and casinopoker roomspread buffetgamblingryedealersindianacompslegendshuttlevaletbinions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I am doing a bit of traveling and my neck and shoulders were sore from driving and different beds every night. I was so impressed with the pillow top bed, soft and yet firm enough . WOW I will be back just for this.

They also are just opening a new spa called Indulge. They were offering complimentary mini chair massages that I took advantage of. I then tried to book one for the room , but that service was not available yet ,but will be a great bargain when they finally have everything in place. I was able to book a 45 minute massage in the spa and it was just the ticket. She knew just the pressure to use and the heat sure helped also. I would highly recommend this new spa.

A couple of negatives. My toilet seat was cracked all the way through. The maid should have caught this instead I had to use it that first night and I called the next morning to have it replaced. The ice machines kept running out of ice. This might have been becasue it was so hot but a women and I went to 2 different floors and managed to get only one bucket of ice that we shared.

The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here on 7/14. We arrived late but were able to quickly get into our room with no issues. Room was extremely clean and quiet. The Casino was a long walk from the hotel (indoor walkway), which may not be good for people with leg problems. Although they did seem to have a golf cart shuttling people back and forth. Hotel is in an industrial area, but still nice. You will have to eat in the hotel as it is out of the way.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

About 10 miles northeast of Louisvilee, literally, in the middle of nowhere, sits a majestic hotel and casino owned by the Caesar's Casnio chain. The hotel setting is beautiful, alon the Ohio River and bordered by mountains. The casino itself, is actually on the Ohio
River and a big hike from the hotel. Prepare to do a LOT of walking if you stay here. The hotel offers nicely accommodated rooms with the ususal amenities. A cafe int he hotel lobby has a limited but decent menu selection for b, l or d. Restaurants and the Paula Deen buffet are located at the casino end. Most times there is a shuttle from the hotel lobby to this area. The Paula Deen buffet has some healthy selections but a lot of fried food! Casino payouts are ok but game selections not as recent in other casinos. The first level is smoke free.

Room Tip: If you can, use Total Rewards comps...ask for rooms near the elevator if you have an aversion to walking! That is one of the biggest drawbacks to staying here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This was the 8th Harrah's property we have visited in the last two years (Las Vegas, Tunica, Metropolis, Reno etc.). The rooms are clean but slightly dated and similar to all the other Harrah's. The security is excellent and the staff very helpful, often volunteering advice and direction. As are all Harrah's it is casino based with an excellent steakhouse (Binion's), extensive buffet, 24 hour cafe (lobby at this property) and at least three other food choices. The casino is about 8 miles west of New Albany, Indiana in the middle of "nowhere" on the north bank of the Ohio River. Actually two large power plants are nearby. The facilities (hotel lobby, restaurants, air conditioned or heated walkways in between facilities are on the third level -not on the ground level--seems to be designed to keep spring flooding of the river from extensively damaging the property. The casino itself is a riverboat-4 levels with the lowest level non-smoking. The hotel and riverboat are at opposite ends of the property-be prepared for a long walk. In Indiana, unlike Iowa and Illinois-smoking is allowed within the casino! If you are a non-smoker like me-wear clothes you can put in a plastic bag at the end of gambling-and take a shower--If you go anywhere in the casino-you will smell like an ashtray very quickly. If you have pulmonary problems-find another state to gamble.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I visited Horseshoe Southern Indiana for four days. It's a little drive from the highway exit, but that's not a problem. On my second day, I went on a day trip to visit the Derby Museum at Churchill Downs and the Louisville Slugger Factory. The hotel was very nice! I was pleased to see that Indiana was finally doing something right by only allowing smoking in the casino (which I would give my left arm to be able to enjoy craps without smokers). I passed through the first floor of the casino and it was indeed smoke free. The new law made It nice to pass through the lobby and walkways and not get knocked down by the horrible smell of smoke - the casino is bad enough. The room was great! The hotel was very clean and the hallway on my non-smoker floor smelled fresh and clean. I was very pleased that the casino dealers and pit bosses knew my name by the end of the first day! It wasn't because I was winning or losing big - they were simply nice! They were concerned about me enjoying my visit. I was pleased that there were plenty of food options. Try Legends! I had a great time and it was well worth the ride from east Tennessee to visit the Horseshoe Southern Indiana Casino Hotel. I have a feeling that the people who are upset about the chance of losing money write questionable reviews. I will certainly visit this property again!

Room Tip: I don't have any specific tips. I was on the 6th floor and it was perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends