“bad reviews have no merit to me”

Horseshoe Southern Indiana
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“bad reviews have no merit to me”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My wife and just returned from Horseshoe So IN, from a mini vacation 7/27 &7/28/11. We got there around 9 pm on Wed nite. Mary checked us in and she was a real sweethheart, Thanks Mary! We had room 1025 and it was a perfect room with a view to the back which is trees and hills..really beautiful. We palyed Wed nite (slots) and we won some before going back to our room for the nite. Thursdfay was better the Wed nite. Machines were paying, and I was using their money, and to me thats a winner!!. We tryed Paula Deens Buffet, and it was absolutely wonderful. We ate in the afternoon around 2pm, and I was very impressed. Servers were very polite and attentive to refills for drinks and cleaning our plates up. Some reviews complained about the cost. I didnt think it was bad for all the food you get. It happened to be my wifes birthday on the 28th so we visited Total Rewards desk just to see if they were offering anything for the birthday girl. We were given a $60.00 coupon to Legends Rest. We weren't rerally hungry until later Friday nite so Legends we go!! Abbie was our waitress, and she was a real dool.. Personality plus, and very accomodating. Food was excellent!! Make sure you go here and Paula Deens. Don't let all the negative reviews keep yoou away. We totally enjoyed everything from check-in to check-out. Give this casino/ hotel a try, and I dont see how you could be unhappy. Good Luck!!

1 Thank lucky70ts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (961)
Lexington, Ky.
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Check-in was fast & no problem. The room was pretty much a standard room, clean and it had what I needed. The pool area was too small and had too many children. It was packed, my husband and I left the pool quickly. I think they must let their employee's children use the pool.
The buffet was good, prime rib was excellent. Got one buffet free by earning 70 reward points on their player card so it was a good deal. The casino was fine. It has a good selection if games, prompt drink service. I didn't like the four floors. Overall had a good time (not being able to use the pool was a downer) but everything else was fine.

• Stayed July 2011
Hazard, Kentucky
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have stayed here several times in the past all have been great. It has been a couple years since I was last there and much has changed. Asked for a smoking room, must have been a huge mistake...Carpert in the room was burnt in atleast 10 places with what looked to be Red Wine stains all over it.. Curtains had several burnt spots.. Bed skirt was ripped and stained. Very disapoined that they would offer a room of this standard it was honestly hard for me to beleive that the room was in that bad of condition. Way to many places close by to throw my money here again. Casino was good and great food but room was unacceptable.

1 Thank KentuckyTravler76
Proctorville, Ohio
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at the Horeshoe July 16, 2011 and the room was good. The beds were nice and comfy, the bathroom very large, the carpet... a little dirty. We paid $177.00 for the night. Overall, the room was good.
Other points though.... The walk from the hotel to the casino is quite long and anybody with a health condition, disability or elderly would find it difficult. They do have one shuttle cart, if you are lucky to catch it. This wasn't an issue for myself or my husband, but I'm sure this is a great inconveience for some. Also, smoking in the casino is allowed and is very strong. The ventilation systems need upgrading.
Paula Dean Buffet was good at dinner. Terrible for breakfast.
Overall, we still had a good trip and will go back!

1 Thank mbias
Lawrenceburg, KY
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I was very pleased with my reception at the front desk. The staff was very friendly and professional. My king room was very comfortable and was equipped with a large flat panel HDTV; writing desk and easy chair. The bathroom was very large and clean. I have stayed here before and have been satisfied with my room every time. They have an indoor pool and hot tub; exercise room; cafe and gift shop/convenience store.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Avon Lake, Ohio
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We recently spent a few nights here. We were happy with the price it was very reasonable. The rooms were clean and spacious. We were surprised that they did not have a in-room safe. They had a saftey deposit box room for guests by the check in desk. The carpet in the hallways looked like it is time for them to be replaced. I know they were flooded in May but I didn't think it went up to the 5th floor where we stayed however even up there the carpet looked like it had been damaged .The pool is way off on the far end of the hotel. You have to take a special elevator to get there and it seemed like we were going down the basement. There is no sun on the patio outside of the pool unitl the afternoon. I can't see why people bring kids to a hotel that is focused around a Casino but there were families here.The work out room was clean and easy to get to right by the front desk. You will not find a Spa on site here. The casino is attached to the hotel but it is about a mile walk. They have golf carts to help and people movers. I didn't mind the walk but there were people who needed help. The casino is on 4 levels.There are elevators to get up and down but I took the stairs. Because of State laws the casino is on the water, on what is considered a boat. You would never know it was a boat when you are there. The restaurants were all good and reasonably priced. The did not take advantage of you since this is set off away from other venues. There is a lot to do in the town of Louisville which is within a few minutes. We did the Bourbon Tour visiting local distillieries.

Room Tip: Be nice at check in
indiana
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We decided to stay here for our anniversary for one night stay. 3/4 of the carpet in the hallway all the way down looked as if it had been stained and it smelled like mildew. When we checked out we stood there and could not be helped until they waited on all the diamond guests I was told by the front desk. Believe me I will not be a diamond guest because I will never be back. I paid almost $200.00 for a room and I could not get waited on becuase I have never been there before. Horrible customer service!!!! Don't stay here unless you are a diamond guest because you will not get waited on!!!!!! The hotel is not kid friendly at all.
The hotel directions are very difficult to understand . You have to go to the 2nd floor and then go on a different elevator to go down to the bottom floor to get to the pool. And there are not signs to direct you...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tinamarieq
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Central Business District
Comfort Inn Louisville
#53 of 96 in Louisville
Hyatt Regency Louisville
#10 of 96 in Louisville

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!