“Really enjoyed our stay”

Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Edinburgh
Oregon, Ohio
“Really enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I don't really write reviews but I had such an easy/relaxed time at this BW, that and the entire staff was extremely helpful and kind to my entire family. We had a group of 6 on our trip and with everyone's individual needs, the patience and thoughtfulness of the staff was noteworthy.

The rooms we had were also very nice and relaxing, the beds were great and everything was clean. I would stay here again and will actually miss this and our trip to Indiana!! Its such a nice place with nice people.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dave A, Owner at Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest,
We are grateful that you took time to write this review since you usually don’t. We are so happy that you experienced our friendly and knowledgeable staff to help you have such an enjoyable stay! Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Hotel Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Very comfortable and had everything you would need for a very enjoyable stay. The staff were unbelievably helpful from the ladies who cleaned our room, to the gentlemen in front desk. If we get the opportunity to go back we will be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your great review and for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate your business and your recommendation. We hope you do get the chance to visit again so that we can host you another time.
Athens, Tennessee
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I spent 6 nights at this hotel while he was preparing to deploy through Camp Atterbury. I remained in the room every day, so that he could have the car to drive back and forth from the base. The hotel was quiet and comfortable, and I felt very safe and secure spending the day there alone. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, with nice sheets and comforter.

We were both impressed with the friendy and helpful staff as well. We will definitely stay there in the future, if he ever has to return to Camp Atterbury or we are in the area for any reason.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us recently. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we are thrilled that you had such a great experience. We look forward to your visit!
Chesterton,Indiana
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The only thing that was handicapped accessible about this room was the doors to the room and bathroom. The bathroom had a bathtub with a handrail on the back wall of the tub. no shower chair, or shower platform to sit on for a handicapped person to shower. There were no other handrails anywhere in the bathroom. My husband is confined to a wheelchair and had a great deal of difficulty using the bathroom. The bed was so soft that he almost rolled off of it. I had to sleep in his wheelchair so that he could be comfortable sleeping ACROSS the bed. And bright and early at 7:30 AM the fire alarm went off, I was in the process of changing my husbands wound dressings and had to stop and try to get us both dressed to leave the room. The alarm stopped after 15 minutes, so I could finish what I was doing. The only good thing about this Best Western was the young lady who checked us in, she couldn't have been nicer. It would be nice to be able to trust what their room ads say - when it says the room is handicapped accessible I really expect it to be!

Room Tip: Don't expect the handicapped room to be accessible.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dave A, Owner at Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit. We’re glad to hear you found our front desk extremely helpful and apologize for any inconvenience experienced in your room. We want all our guests to have a comfortable stay and appreciate your honest feedback on this matter. We are constantly looking for areas we need to improve at our hotel and I want to assure you will we take your direct feedback to our hotel improvement and development plans so that we can better serve our wheelchair guests.

Lima, Ohio
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Never stayed in a Best Western before because I thought it wouldn't be very nice but since it was a spur of the moment trip with minimal amount of money we tried it out. We stayed 3 nights. The receptionist was a hoot and put up and kept up with my husbands humor.....which is not easty lol It was VERY clean and the house keepers went out of their way to accomodate us. I needed a pair of scissors to open a plastic sealed package so I asked them (the house keepers) and the guy went to his cart, got the scissors, opened the package and instead of handing the opened package back to me he took his time to take everything out one by one and then dispose of the trash. Bless his heart, such a sweety! The only thing I noticed was the hallway smelled like cigarette smoke, not sure if Indiana hasn't passsed the smoking ban law or not but we couldn't smell it in the room...thank God! Overall very impressed!!

Room Tip: bathroom sink area was a little small. If you need a larger sink area you might want to ask if all t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dave A, Owner at Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest,
We are very happy to hear that you were very impressed with your stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed it so much, and appreciate your recommendation. It sounds like you experienced great customer service from our staff members and a relaxing, clean room. We thank you for staying with us and hope you will do so again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Upon my arrival I called to see if i could do an early check in they said that my 2 rooms would be available, I arrived at 2pm where they informed me that there are NO rooms and that if i did an early check in that it would be a 10$ fee, she gladly told me to wait at the premium outlet, when 3pm came I checked in another customer asked if there was a public restroom for her child to use the service desk employee said No when the customer said " so what he should just pee in the pool" the check in woman said " if that's what you feel he must do go ahead" the entire check in line was in plain disgust, she gave us our rooms one on the first floor and one on the second, the halls smelled of very strong smoke smell and the rooms were musty and damp, when we walked in the room there was urine in the toilet (the room obviously wasn't cleaned) I called down to front desk they said they would send housekeeping, housekeeping showed up with a can of lysol, I then went down to front desk to complain she said there was nothing she could do they were booked, the next morning the breakfast had watery eggs and stale pastries again when I complained there response was really your going to complain off of free food, I left the hotel for my daily plans and upon returning at 4pm my room was not cleaned, no fresh towels I went to front desk to check out ( I was supposed to be there for 5 days) I complained to front desk where I ended up talking to the manager, the manager proceeded to call me a liar and told me I never made complaints! the staff was rude, unfriendly and unhelpful. I WILL NEVER STAY OR RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank b_YOU_tiful
Dear Guest,
We are sorry to hear your stay was not satisfactory. We have very high standards of cleanliness and are looking into any reasons things may have been missed during your stay. I appreciate your feedback and have noted these items to bring up in our training meetings where we reviews areas we can improve our hotel and service. We hope you will stay with us again to see the many improvements we have made.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

For $100 per night, I would expect a little better. Very musty and damp. Dirty, dirty worn carpet and heavy smoke odor. Beds are not very comfortable. Pool is indoor but cold. Fitness room had two treadmills and a recumbent bike, but was closed for rehab. 2 story building, no elevator. No laundry. Parking lot shares with a taco bell. And right across the highway are the premium outlets. Would not stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank mutha03
We appreciate you staying with us and your honest feedback. We are sorry if we did not live up to your expectations and would a second chance to host you again so that you can experience our excellent customer service. We strive to provide the best value and customer service for our guests and hope you will be able to experience that the next time you visit.
Hotel Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh
Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh
Comfort Inn & Suites Columbus
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside

Been to Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus? Share your experiences!