“A good property, a little pricey for what you get.”

Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Edinburgh
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“A good property, a little pricey for what you get.”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed in room 312 a double queen whirlpool room. This is an older property that has been updated to look current.

PRO’s

• clean
• good beds with disappointing pillows
• Quiet
• 42” inch flat screen TV
• Tastefully done mini bar with fridge and microwave.
• Good size tile bathroom with one sink and large cultured marble countertop.
• Large whirlpool tub which I did not use
• Has an electronics "hub" with USB ports and two electrical outlets at the bedside for charging electronics. I’ve seen these before, they are a very good idea.
• Clean Hampton duvets.

CON’s

• Décor was an unusual mixture of lions and greyhound dogs.
• No worktable. Instead a three-foot square table with two side chairs. Does not promote work for extended periods on a laptop with only 1/2 electrical outlet for electronics. Not geared for business.

Overall I give this property an 85 out of 100 and an 80 out of 100 for value. At nearly $100 a night I might have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn next door for the same amount/or little bit more money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HamptonEdinburgh, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. It was very thorough and we appreciate you taking the time! It looks like overall you enjoyed your stay. In the future, should you need a desk, our King rooms are furnished with desks and additional power outlets. I happy to inform you that we will be going through a total room renovation the rooms will be equipped with all new decoration. (No more lions and dogs!) I certainly hope that next time you are in the area you will stay with us again!

In the spirit of Hospitality,
Hope

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Neenah, United States
Reviewed February 22, 2014

very happy with this hotel. ...pool, food, and hotel service was exceptional...hotel was clean and kept up. Had adjoining rooms which was a perfect set up for our family and grandparents. Again, cleaner than other hotels was have stayed in and the breakfast was above average.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonEdinburgh, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you for being our guest here at the Hampton Inn of Edinburgh IN and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I will share your comments with our staff they will be so happy to hear that all their hard work does not go unnoticed! We work very hard to ensure each and everyone of our guest have an exceptional stay. I am glad you had a nice enjoyable stay here with us and do hope that if you are ever in the area again you will choose to stay with us! Have a wonderful afternoon and than you again for being our guests!

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were driving from Chicago to Charleston SC because our flight had been canceled. Rented a car and drove till exhausted. Stopped at midnight just hoping there was a vacancy. They had us in our room within 10 minutes at a great rate. Best sleep I've had in awhile. Wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being a guest with us here at the Hampton Inn of Edinburgh IN and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I know how exhausting driving can be especially when it wasn't planned for, I am so glad to hear we were able to accommodate you and that you were able to have such a wonderful nights rest. You will have to come stay with us again when you have more time to relax and maybe get to enjoy some of our nearby restaurants and the outlet mall. Thank you again for being our guests and we hope to see you again in the future!

April R
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We arrived at the hotel with a sick toddler, the staff was great! Their washer was broken but they arranged for us to use the washer at the Hilton next door. They made sure we had enough blankets and a nice big tub for her to relax in. We have always stayed at Hampton Inn ever since our daughter was born... 3 years and my picky husband said this was the best yet!

• Stayed February 2014
HamptonEdinburgh, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for being a guest here with us at the Hampton Inn and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear that even with a sick little one, which I know how rough that can be from experience, that you were still able to enjoy your stay. I am very proud of our staff for being so accommodating and making sure you had what you needed for a wonderful stay. I do hope this means that in the future you will choose to stay with us if you are ever in the area again! I will share your comments with our staff to show them there efforts do not go unnoticed! Have a wonderful day look forward to seeing you again!

Terre Haute, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Efficient and friendly staff at check-in and at breakfast. Rooms were large, clean and very comfortable. Nice lobby with updated furnishings. Easy access to outlet mall and I-65. We were welcomed with warm cookies !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonEdinburgh, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Marie,
I want to first thank you for being a guest with us here at the Hampton Inn of Edinburgh IN and afor taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I am so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that our staff was friendly and efiecent during the check in and also during breakfast! Guest satisfaction is our top priority here at the Hampton, so I will share your comments with our staff! We have just recently done a remodle on our breakfast and lobby areas its nice to know our guest notice all the hard work that was put into it and are able to enjoy it! The cookies are a very nice touch aren't they! I do hope if you are ever in the area again you will choose to be our guest! Have a wonderful week!

Louisville, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend to just get away. The rooms were clean and the lobby and breakfast area were very nice. The staff was very helpful and nice. Right next door is a restaurant called Montana Mike's and the staff told us we would get a discount by showing them our room key. We did exactly that and not only is Montana Mike's very good, but the prices were reasonable as well. The discount made it all that much better. Walking distance from the outlet malls, plenty of places to dine. Very good hotel in my opinion.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonEdinburgh, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear John,
I first want to thank you for being our guest here at the Hampton Inn of Edinburgh IN and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I am so glad to hear that you and your wife were able to enjoy your weekend getaway. I hope you were able to enjoy the local restaurants and maybe even the shopping mall across the road from us! If you are ever in the area again for pleasure or business I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Well recommended for a short stay if in the area. Hotel has great staff and is well placed for a choice of restaurants and bars. Hotel does not have a bar itself but complimentary drinks are provided every evening before 7pm in the reception/breakfast area

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonEdinburgh, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you for being our guest here at the Hampton Inn of Edinburgh IN and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Thank you for acknowledging our staff. We all work so hard and strive for guest satisfaction and excellence! The area is perfect for going out to have a good dinner or to do some shopping. I did want to mention that we do have an evening reception, however, we only have this Monday-Thursday just in case you came in on a weekend and were looking forward to it. I hope that is you are ever in the area again you will choose to stay with us! Have a wonderful weekend!

April R.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus
Comfort Inn & Suites Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
#4 of 10 in Columbus
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh? Share your experiences!